Friday, February 11, 2022

Catchup - Feb 8th-9th

Feb 8th

The other day I forgot to go the long way home from Safeway and was on the bridge when I realized my mistake.  So saw traffic still going through on Broadway, thought I'd go carefully minding my own business.  Well that was hard to do as I'd say there's many without common sense as they were lined up on both sides waving arms n signs, nearly touching the passing vehicles!  I'm surprised that more haven't been injured or God forbid worse as they are not concerned for their health and safety at all!  I definitely will not make that mistake again!

Also this morning was the first time I've heard those horns from the truckers prostest around 8am!  I can't imagine what those older apartments a block away hear!  Or the stupidity happening in Ottawa or anywhere else!  

Talk about those protesters INFRINGING on the rights and lives of the majority of the vaxxed population!!!  Total stupidity!!!  Instead of wasting more money keeping those rigs running parked, they should smarten up, get vaxxed and get to work!!!

MPQ ABC 2022 Mystery


Not many guidelines to this quilt mystery (hope I've got them all as I was also cutting out flannel blocks), wonder what will result?  Thank you organizers for this group project again!

- use as much or as little from the bag or your stash

- can't redonate fabric to ABC

- use 1, 2, 3 or other Pat Speth member blocks

- quilt size 60x72" or bigger

- finished quilt picture submitted by May 18th and noted it's been donated to ABC

- 5 participation draws last night, not Sylvia or myself, others were luckier on the wheel

- 1 draw of completed quilt participants in May

- 1 draw upon quilt donation to ABC in May

Organizers (Kathy n Bonnie?) have given us the stages we may go through to the finish line!

1.  Preparation - block plans

2.  Incubation - when things come together 

3.  Illumination- the "plan"

4.  Evaluation - tweaking the "plan"

5.  Implementation - the quilt emerging

"Create and Have Fun"

Well here are Sylvia's and my mystery bag stash.  I'm thinking I've two sets of blocks and ????????



One set of blocks.

Another set of blocks?  
Or sashings and borders?

My Sparkles fabric postcard from Charlotte of Oregon, USA, brought happy memories of my trip to Ireland, alongwith smiles for the dragonflies and lovely moon n stars charms in the glittering night sky! I also love her message for postal carriers too! Thank you so much! I truly love the surprise of receiving these postcards!



WOW!!!! Today I finished cutting up the various flannel pieces into 7.5" squares from Joan, Sylvia and Edna's donations. Right now I've 3 baby quilts planned and need 9 more blocks for a 4th quilt. Sylvia said she has a strip for me from a baby quilt she finished off today! I'll get there Friday to pick that up and play with my plans maybe.


Feb 9th

Ohhhhhh thank you Adele for always making me feel and look good! Actually awesome, me thinks!!! 😘 Thank you!




This about sums it up of what I think of Covid protesters and anti vaxxers!


Ohhhh Taunya look what popped up from memories! This was one involved project but very happy how they turned out!

AND I've sewn a couple ABC lap and twin sized quilt tops of the nature prints AND still have lots yet!

ALSO sewed myself one queen top of Canadian fabrics and soon going to embark on the second one for a reversible couch or bed quilt for myself. 

AND sewed a few nature and Canada type oblong decorative cushions for fundraiser donations!

YEP I'll probably still have more left over? Guess I see more I Spy quilts for kids in the future but not till my second top is finished!



No comments: