Saturday, March 31, 2007

Stitching Saturday

Gosh it sure feels GREAT!!!!!!!!!! (think of Tony the Tiger - LOL) to have time for myself and not second job to run off to after putting in the Monday to Friday daily number crunching job! See I've booked off two weeks so I can help out my great niece with the pet sitting while her parents are away. So far I've only had to help out twice when she went straight from university to her job's evening shift and also today when she put in a full day working. Actually the pets were very quiet - I think they are missing the full household and naturally the dog does not like being left alone and is starting to misbehave but I left that for Amanda to take care of.

So while catering to their whims of in and out I stitched on the HUGZ comfort quilt for a fellow quilter and just about finished sewing together all the blocks. I've never before taken on this type of a challenge and I mean a challenge as some blocks needed slight restitching to the required size but some needed slight sashing added on to measure up. These are now all the same size and the top is coming along nicely - with help from my Aurora Quilters who helped with the block layout last weekend. I've hemmed and hawed and finally came up with a possible borders layout too so hopefully tomorrow I'll get to that stage of sewing.

Here's a picture that I took on the Timer option on my digital using the ironing board lowered to ensure I got most of the block strips and me too in the picture. Too bad I didn't think of throwing a towel over the window - DUH! And honestly I didn't plan on being colour coordinated, just everyday clothes because of the pets!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kerry's quilt is beautiful, Rose Anne...Good Job! (and I have a block in there somewhere).
~Cheryl

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.