Wednesday, March 14, 2007

A Day Off!

WOW I used my last 2006/07 vacation day Tuesday and zipped over to join some fellow quilters for the day. I took my Hardanger class project and just about finished all the homework needed for that evenings class along with the inspiring company shared. It was lovely to have lunch with them also, homemade soup from Maureen, chicken oriental salad from me (bought though) and Faye made the biscuits (to die for as far as I'm concerned) and desserts too! Gosh I think I ate more than I sewed!!! It was a good thing that I missed out on breakie at home cause I walked in the door and was offered coffee and fresh biscuits with butter and jam right off the bat. ROFLOL! I must say that I missed Beryl's chipper self though, but hopefully will see her the next time I escape from the office grind!!!

Well my evening class was a might rushed as I didn't get home till 6:05, grabbed my supper and lesson stuff and rushed off to catch another bus to head out to the other end of the city this time and while waiting for the bus to arrive I wolfed down the salad. Lucky for me they buses were quite timely - well except for on the way home - it zoomed by while I was on the other side of the four lanes!!! I walked about 8 - 10 blocks before another one came along. My project piece is coming along quite nicely (even though I'm not that pleased with the colour of the varigated hand dyed floss) and I've learnt how to use a "laying tool" (basically a guitar pic with a blunt large needle welded on the inside of the pic part) and also received another batch of homework for next week! UGH!!! Bentleys were supposed to be closed, that's why I had signed up for this class, cause I was supposed to be "free as a bird". Oh well I've given them lots of notice so if the store remains open then they better hire someone to take over my shifts by the end of April, cause I'm refusing to work another summer!

Wel I then came home and checked my emails - wrong thing to do that is for sure! I went to bed very upset with something that did not involve me and can't seem to shake my feelings all day today either (continuous emails on it don't help either). I know with me it's wise to just separate and let myself "calm down" but that is hard too with various concerns for my friends lately. And now my co-worker will be away for a week or more depending on her situation and recouping so I'm once again alone in the office. That's no fun either - well there are other co-workers but I mean my other half in the support staff!!!

Okay, guess I better high tail it to bed, tomorrows another busy day!!!

No comments: