Sunday, April 01, 2007

Hugz for Kerry - post 2

WOW I've spent a lot of today working on this and now I know why I do miniatures!!! I love having total control within my hands and not all over my body!!! This place is definitely not conducive to working on large sized projects.

It really was funny if you could have seen me trying to measure the top in the 1/3's and 2/3's positions to determine the border strip sizes! Yep, there was me with my bed all cleared off and two pieces of plastic board tucked underneath to have the top laying flat (now I've gotta get it back together to go to bed!) and then anchoring one end of the tape measure at the edge of the blocks and then walking around the bed careful not to smash my toes once again and then gently stretching the tape across and noting the width. Then removing it all, cutting the borders, stitching them in place and then once again going through all this all over again for the length edge borders. Times like this I wish I hadn't learnt to do this properly - yep from Sylvia when she was helping me with my Under Stars Galore quilt top. Just to think I have to undergo all this again with the outer borders - UGH!!!! I think I'll save the larger quilt top making for when it's satellite meeting days then I'll have the hall tables or the huge floor!!!

I'm definitely glad I'll be pet sitting again on Tuesday evening and will have my niece's machine on her dining table and hopefully able to stitch on the batik borders then . I'll work on cutting and stitching them up tomorrow evening and thus sew them onto the quilt top then.


Okay, here's a picture of the quilt top all pieced together with the 1" finished size dark green inner border. You'll probably notice that the corner blocks have sashing around them that's because the were 12" rather than 12.5" unfinished sizes and I really wanted to use ALL the blocks I received in this quilt. I think this works even if it does interfere with the crosses pattern.


No comments: