Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Busy Saturday!

Well I spent my day at Mrs. Twitchett's Eye for the latter half of my Brazilian Dimensional Embroidery class and what a jam packed one it was too - hope I can remember all I learnt and finish off my class project. We concentrated on the flowers and fillers today. Here is my project so far.

I can tell you that I was a might strung out or up or whatever and I think it was due to the fact that I was looking at the last day of my part time job and feeling rather down but yet excited so a mixed bag of feelings which naturally showed in my conversations!!! LOL! I probably needed a stiff alcoholic drink to settle down but then who knows what kind of stitching I'd do then!

Anyways, Friday night after a short shift at the second job I came home and promptly stitched up a BDE thread holder to cart around and store these slippery but amazing rayon threads (thank you so much Catherine for the eash to follow tutorial) - I was quite pleased with my first attempt and it was ready to take to class with my properly steamed and stretched and dried threads within. But then I decided I needed two more for all my threads (yes I picked up four more at class) and more to come, so I made two more.

They are even colour coordinated to the threads inside - well kinda - the first one is blues and purples, the second is yellow, orange and reds and the slightly smaller one is white, black, brown and greens.

Here's the opened view.


And a closeup of the first one (and this was not all the threads, just those noted for the project) I took to class and the stretchy cord I knotted and used to hold the rolled up bundle - opted out of stitching on ribbons and tying. So guess with this newly acquired experience and the stash of BDE threads I better spend my summer stitching out in the gardens like I used to!!!

8 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

WOW!
Your piece looks absolutely GORGEOUS - look forward to seeing it in person sometime!!!
Those are nifty thread holders - GREAT JOB!

Linda Mullen said...

Can you bring them to our next Ravesnque meeting please. They are just lovely.

Sandie said...

Your thread holders are gorgeous - our Catherine is a clever chook isn't she! I must make one or two of these myself, one day I hope to have a stash of such threads....

Sandie said...

I forgot to mention your gorgeous BD embroidered flower picture, it is stunning Rose Anne!!!!!! You are an inspiration for me to try BDE!

NormaH said...

Gee, Rose Anne, your BDE picture is so pretty and I love the thread holders, especially the idea of the rounded corners. Thats one of the pluses of sharing ideas ..... adding personal touches.

Faye said...

Love these thread holders... they are just the thing for all our threads. Thanks Rose Anne...

Connie said...

I love your thread holders! You are sooooo creative!

Ruby said...

Rose Anne, saw your post on Stitchmap and promptly forgot who, but thanks to Connie, Skye and Beckie I found you again. Your BDE is lovely and inspiring. I needed your thread organizer. I was short on time so I used a yard sale placemat to make mine! Not quite as large and I found chickens not color coordination. Thanks, Ruby