Monday, April 09, 2007

Another Lovely Visit with Dad!

Well considering I couldn't get my car started Thursday to gas it up, especially after filling up the drained rad with antifreeze and water mixture and checking the engine oil etc. - I was not impressed. Just in case I had a pail of water and another flashlight just as backup and also the charged up cell phone. The battery was hooked up to the charger overnight and BINGO it turned over and started right away (and that battery is maybe a year old - sat too long not used???) so in I jumped and took off, stopping only to pick up another jug of antifreeze just in case. I stopped at Elie to use the lou and hopefully settle my nerves some and checked but no car leaks at all - PHEW!!! So in I got again and this time drove all the way to Dauphin, to my sister's. Phoned Dad and then the mechanic, got a ride over to Dad's, while the car went to the garage. I was pooped so just visited for a while, cooked and ate supper with Dad, then Florence came and picked me up for the evening.

On Saturday, Dad was going to have me sew down double sized sheets for his "new" twinsized bed but my younger sister vetoed that and bought him two new sets instead! So I got off lucky and just had to grocery shop, clean and make his meals for him and me and also rearrange his dresser to make more room for him. He was checking his watch quite often, so I thought I'd better get out of there for a while so I told him I'd be back for 5:00 pm, so off to the Library to check just personal emails and then check out a couple of shops. We're chuckling at his antics!!! Again after supper I walked back to my sister's for the evening.

Sunday I spent the start of the day once again with Dad but then walked back to Florence's stopping for a Hot Fudge Sunday and then just watch more sports until we all left for my older sister's for Easter supper taking Dad with us too! It was short and sweet compared to family visits, but Dad tires fast (being 93 years young) but a nice visit and AWESOME food!!!! LOL!

Well my "bomb" was still not ready Monday morning so I didn't get the early start I wanted but still was on the road about 11:00 AND made a slight detour to Plumas and KickAss Quilt Shop and found lots of stuff I wish I had more money to splurge with! It's an awesome little shop with lots of sewing knick knacks too and Laurel Burch purses too!!! I KNOW I will be stopping on my trip out to Dauphin on the May long weekend and I better be more prepared to shop!!!

I'll always go home every chance I have on long weekends as with an aging parent you never know how long you have together. And considering the visits past, I don't want to miss out if I can help it!

Oh yeah I also too some pictures of my sister/BIL's cats! At least they don't run and hide no more! Here's Toffey and Blackjack!!!


1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Thank you for getting me that lovely little change purse from Laurel Burch.

If I didn't know any better, I could swear that was my cat sitting on that couch.