Friday, April 30, 2021

Catchup - April 27th-30th

I don't know if it's the weather or the sitting around doing my bookwork and no walking or sewing, which is up and down, but I'm aching! 

Today I took Sylvia to her appointment and she too said she was achy so maybe it's not just me! We did a couple quick errands, picked up Freshii salad and back to her place to eat, then I headed home! 

Hopefully tomorrow I can do something different now that this is all behind me. I need to sew a few more masks and some much wanted quilting time at least! My Scrap Sister Challenge has been begging me to get with it again! 

Oh yeah I'm ready to drop off the RCMP quilt package to Mook Fabrics tomorrow for Thursday pick up by Stitched Art. I'm anxious to see this baby quilted and once I've the two accent pillows and binding sewn! YEAH!!!

April 29th

Thank you Bonnie for these treasures you find and post! 😀😀😀


An iffy day to join Edna for a walk, times so chilly we covered up, other times uncovering as we warmed up, but still nice to get out there. 

Now resuming my scrap sisters challenge and hitting MAJOR setbacks, which I don't have time for! Guess I'll go back and press my seams to one side and see if that helps! 

Okay I pressed to one side, hammered seams down, pressed to one side, sewed, hammered join down again, pressed then released a couple stitches, turned kinda, lying much better! Hmmmmm!






I must have checked a dozen videos and most had 5 layers not HSTs meeting up like I have.  GRRRR!!!!

Yeah I figured it out! I ripped back into the HSTs section and removed those tiny 4 pieces and restitched flat. Now I'm happy! Glad I don't have a king sized quilt blocks. YEAH!!!

Wine for sure tonight!!!!!!




April 30th

Not a good night at all!  Forgot to have the wine last night!  Too many things churning through my brain, then the added frustration sewing the HSTs together, I guess triggered a 3 hour insomnia spell! After half an hour I got up, made toast, set off the smoke detector at 3am, then sat for 2 hours ripping out the corners of 4 layers of adjoining HSTs. Finally tired enough to go back to sleep at 5am and slrpt till 10ish! GRRRRRRR!!! Not a good start for today, staying home!

HSTs Note to Self! ☝️ 

In future once trimmed to size, multiples sewn together into a larger block and then sewn into larger HST blocks. Open up bulky corners and remove the FOUR tiny in seam excess pieces of adjoining HSTs to reduce seam bulk, then sew back together. Much easier for opening centre joins to lay flat!!!! 🤗

A quiet day, sewing on my scrap sisters challenge! Much better going once the HST delimma was solved. I'm liking the looks so far and hopefully tomorrow I will see some of the layout, better than my paper rendition! 😉 Maybe, just maybe I'll make the May 15th finished deadline? Will see!  Now relaxing, enjoying a glass of Chardonnay and watching women's world curling.  Better be a better night!

No comments: