Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Catchup - April 19th n 20th

April 19th

What's on my mind? FRUSTRATION! See Saturday I had issues with ZOOM but that resolved closing a second ZOOM request window, not sure why they were trying to include me in a learning session at the same time! Then Sunday I noticed my cell was on Rogers not WiFi so went to check my router and Shaw connection and ZIPPO internet connection to my account! Tried to reconnect but it's not listed period? HMMMMM! It's been deduced by my techie that the router may have died and to contact Shaw for the all inclusive box to get reconnected. That's today's chore! We'll this morning my cell phone has no Rogers connection either? I phoned from my landline and get extreme calls, please call back or please use online options - yeah right!!! But my tablet has Rogers LTE connection! YEAH! Okay what to do first?

Something to try remember when needing a measurement in a pinch!


Dang! After spending the evening making a graph paper pattern for my Scrap Sisters Challenge quilt, I can't even send Sylvia a picture!!! And no I'm not posting it till the deadline May 15th. 😁😁😁

And today, 5pm, I found two baggies with another two sets of HSTs by my machine to sew up! SHEESH!!! Guess my design will change again! This'll be my third version. 😅😅😅

April 20th

This is one of my pet peeves! Lazy unprepared people driving snow covered vehicles! There should be hefty fines to them for careless use of vehicles!!!!! Even jail time for assualt with bodily injury! PERIOD!!!!





Well it was a productive day but with little sewing! See I needed to seriously purchase the batting and backing for the RCMP quilt and get threads on sale at Fabricland. So I picked up Sylvia as she wanted a few items and we ventured off! That was the fastest in and out of Fabricland I've ever had in Covid times! Mook Fabrics had some items I could not pass up and muslin for Edna (hope I picked up the right shade), then picked up lunch at Wok Box to eat at Sylvia's, our yummy favourite! 

After lunch we headed to Cedar House Quilting and picked up the batting, then Sylvia asked how close we were to Selkirk, closer there than back to Winnipeg 😉! So I asked if she wanted to go check out Mama Bears new shop - dumb question - so off we went! It's smaller than her Ashern shop and I've not been to the current Brandon shop yet - soon! We both found some treasures there too! Lovely day even with the gusty winds and trying to snow off and on! 

So this evening I started cutting the sashing and sewing up the strips for the Scrap Sisters Challenge quilt. I forgot how much I dislike Y seams, but after a couple the next 14 went well, hope that continues for the remaining 16! But I left the block layout for daytime lighting, hopefully tomorrow!

No comments: