Saturday, August 01, 2009

Another Lovely R&R Day!

Yep Sylvia and I were up early and headed out the door at 8:00 am leaving Len snoring mildly. We stopped at Vermillion Bay for breakie before heading to Sioux Narrows Art Festival and enroute I saw two turkey vultures in the trees - musta been some dead carcass nearby. Well finally we get to there and park just off the highway and walk up the road to the arena to the arts display/sale. There we chatted with Dianne and Pat from my Winnipeg Guild and Sylvia liked the works before she even saw the girls. I like some of the jewellry there but not in the colours I would have liked so passed that up BUT I WON a door prize - awesome black hooded sweat shirt with some resort name and a neat woven tote bag for shopping.



Then we tried to find a restaurant for lunch before heading back but shoot there's only ONE in that town and it was packed and behind time so we headed for the burger shack and then back home we headed. On the way back Sylvia stopped at Rushing River Provincial Park so I could take some pics there (my old camping stomping grounds) and then also on the #1 Hwy for some island shots!



I used to tread carefully and then "park" myself on the rocks and have the water cascade over my shoulders and back for "nature's own jacuzzi".

This was off the bridge straight down - kinda dizzying it was!



Need these examples for my Landscape postcards I's makin!

When we got home Diane and her two sons were already there so we unwound and then I tried some more sewing on my landscape postcards but was not faring to good so stopped and blogged instead. Not sure what we are all up to this weekend but I'll be stitching and I know we're heading back to Dryden again on Wednesday so might be stopping in at the two quilt shops again.

Enough for today.

No comments: