Thursday, August 20, 2009

House/Dog Sitting Again!

Yep, I's back taking care of Molly and Lilla once again but I can tell you that I've not started this session of house sitting off on a good foot at all.

First it was dental work Tuesday am that has me still out of sorts and face still slightly swollen (yes I visited the Dentist today and all seems to be okay with the teeth, just suffering from the needles I guess). Then I set off the AAA alarm cause I forgot to hit ENTER after the code - SHEESH what next - poor dogs and my heart!!! Then those boomers Wednesday morning woke us all up with a start and both dogs landed ontop my chest at once and scared the crap outta me - LOL!!! Heck they wanted comfort and here I was just as scared and a pounding headache along with what felt like a hangover but heck I had nothing to drink!!! Dang that anesthetic!

BUT I could not believe my eyes when I was walking to the bus stop a couple blocks away this morning! As I came to the corner halfway like the 65 Express goes by me, yep I thought of running the last block then got rid of that thought fast. Well the bus driver got out of the bus and hollered at me to come on she's got time for me to catch a ride!!! HUH??? I hollered that I can't run with my sprained ankle but she said she's waiting for me - NEVER IN MY LIFE HAS THAT HAPPENED FOR ME BEFORE! So I picked up my walking speed a bit more and thanked her perfusely for her kindness. That was unbelievable!

Then tonight I patiently waited till the rain abated and hustled all of us out for our walk - yeah right - halfway around it started to rain heavy again and we three looked like drowned rats! So needless to say they were just a bootin' it for home which did nothing for my sprained ankle - dang it!!! Then once inside I had to wait cause they badly needed drying off with their long hair soaking wet and plastered to their skin - poor girls!!! Once they were dried off I then towel dried my hair and got into dry clothes too! I think it's Molly who was looking worse for wear so I wrapped her up in one of the chair towels and she stayed like that for over an hour before venturing out. Lilla just cuddled up on the cushions and dried out fast. All I can say is their white coats are looking clean again, just hope they haven't caught a chill though!

Guess if it's raining tomorrow I'll forgo their walk as it was downright chilly out tonight in that rain. Definitely feels like fall not summer at all!!! Heck someone even mentioned the evenings are cooling off lots and felt like snows a coming - BRRRRRR!!!! Way too soon!!!

2 comments:

Joy said...

You know ... sometimes your stories make me think that you should stay in bed. Rose Anne you poor thing.

qwerty said...

Rose Anne what a week you've had!! That bus story is AMAZING though - did you get the driver's name? Even if you didn't, you should consider sending a letter to the bus company (or the city, whichever runs them) with the route # and the time, and give that driver major props for great customer service!! Maybe send a quick letter or email to your local paper, too.