Thursday, August 20, 2009

Flower Bed PCs!!!

Well it was some time ago that I signed up for the "Flower Bed" postcard swap in one of my groups and I KNEW as soon as I saw the email what I was going to do! Then some down time hit me and it was a while before I got to my stitchery and accomplished anything, thus the long delay. But I knew I wanted to recreate with silk ribbon and floss embroidery these flower beds from my childhood. See Mom used to take Dad's used tractor/vehicle tires and have them plunked down wherever and she'd plant various flowers but mostly I remember the lovely orange marigolds filling those in front of the farm house. I already had the gold grass fabric for my horse/cowboy postcards, then I found the green grass and added a couple of them. Not sure which I like better.



2 comments:

qwerty said...

Wow, those are stunning. I think I prefer the green, but only because you put both pictures side by side. The tan ones look incredible too!!

Judy said...

Wow!! These are so cool!!