Monday, August 31, 2009

Gerry's Opal Gal

Finally after a week or so of dreaming up my story and trying to do some googling research for some appropriate pictures of the olden days dance hall girls, I gave up and just stitched!!!

See I had been tackling Gerry's Opal Gal block of the Faces DYB RR (my previous blog entry) for some time and finally this weekend I’ve finished her. Now I had planned a little story line for her as braving the gold mines by day and then prettying up and visiting the dance halls at night. But my idea of rough cut diamond turning into a beautiful opal just did not emerge so I’ve used what stash I had and she’s become a Victorian Lady instead! Hope Gerry likes her and she fits in with her plans for these blocks.





A closeup of the hat with feathers and SRE flowers and leaves.

3 comments:

qwerty said...

That's a beautiful block so far - I love the colours of those embellishments!! That lady is looking very regal and elegant - great work, Rose Anne! The hat looks terrific :)

Joy said...

Lovely as always!

Judy said...

She is gorgeous!!