Saturday, August 29, 2009

Happy Day

Okay I'm not sure if I'm sick or finally just feeling lots better, but today was a really good day! First off I was greeted with what I think were contented stretches from the dogs asking for tummy rubs - see I slept in so guess they did too!

Then after a leisurely breakfast I ran a few errands, picked up some nice fabrics at a garage sale for $3/m before having lunch at the A&W on Nairn. Now I can tell you that this is the best looking decorating-wise along with pleasant and efficient staff and prompt service from the kitchen too that I've experienced within Winnipeg. The food even tasted better - not as greasy as others - and my stomach did not complain either - that's a good sign!!! So before I left I stopped the one in a different coloured shirt with a name tag on too and gave him my compliments on what looked like a well run restaurant. Made his day too.

Then off I went for a short visit with Pat a fabric artist and thoroughly enjoyed her new needlefelted projects that I had to buy one then and there! She also showed me her two newer wall hangings which is what she needed some larger beads for and which I had brought over a bagful for her to check out and use. Then we discussed the polymer faces after she checked out the block I was embellishing for a Faces DYB RR in one of my groups.

After that I zipped over to Nails 3000 for a long overdue manicure. See after many months of struggling with some mild depression and stress and anxiety from work and home I finally booked an appointment with a hypnotist on June 24th to help reduce the after affects of this and maybe help me deal with some of the problems along with some counselling. WELL I did not make note of the last time I "chewed" my nails (and I'm a BAD one too) but I do remember that twice now I've had to trim and file them so decided I deserved a proper manicure. Well Pat, we were spoiled in Gimli, as sure I only paid $15 but it was 15 minutes tops and they aren't as short as I asked for nor were they buffed so there aren't any sharp or rough edges - guess I'll have to take care of those before I do tempt myself to chew!!! I felt like I was in a whirlwind, she was so fast and moved me out of the chair before I relized I was finished!!! Yes, they do look nice but I felt cheated out of the manicure pampering I've had in the past. Great though if you don't have the time and need a fix-me-upper and change of nail polish!

No comments: