Tuesday, August 04, 2009

Rainbow Point

WOW talk about awesome, this rainbow was soooooo bright when Sylvia saw it at supper tonight and by the time I ran to get my camera and snap a few pics it was already fading! Now they say the rainbows for some reason always end there so locals call it Rainbow Point - neato - right out their front windows!!! HMMMM, since this was so spectacular today let's hope this is the end of the dang downpours, I swear I'll be coming home with webbed toes!!!

To recap today is to say it was a mucho better day as my migraine (lack of caffeine I thinks) had gone away and we had leftovers for meals today so both Sylvia and I stitched and chatted the day away. And Len was working on his willow chairs and an awesome wooden framed loveseat that he found at the local dump in pretty good condition that he's braced the centre and laid down wooden slats for the cushions Sylvia will be sewing for it. It really is neat and will be put into the family room - recycling other's junk!!!

Sylvia started her day off by working on her new quilt project (that is if she can still get more of the awesome blue flower print tomorrow) and then worked on Betty & Dave's new kitchen valance. It looks lovely in their home!


we just love this block!


a measurin' the other day!

then a hangin' em today!

And me setting a spell watching their curtain antics and stitching on my "Flower Bed" PCs which are coming along just lovely with Sylvia's input when I am stumped. Even Len has mentioned he likes them too! I'm over three quarters of the way done now and just finishing up the "filler flowers" so hopefully by Friday I'll have the fronts finished and when I get back to Winnipeg this weekend I'll pick up the ink for my printer (as Betty bought my two "extra" postcards) and print off the prepared backs and VOILA they should be mailed off next week! FINALLY!!! BUT SHEESH I didn't expect to that Betty would want them and she hasn't even seen the finished products yet!!! WOW!

2 comments:

Joy said...

Hi Rose Anne,
Sounds like you are having a wonderfully relaxing vacation.
Glad you have your mojo back for stitchin and seem to be on a roll.
I love the photos you are sharing.
Enjoy!

Linda Mullen said...

Nice to see you smiling again.