Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Rest n Relaxation?


Welcoming Inukshuk and her lovely roses.

Phew it's not even a week and I've got TONNES to blog about but no time to do it!!!

1st off I hitched a ride out to my sister's with my niece Pat and greatniece Amanda and am staying for two weeks with Sylvia and Len - but they only stayed the weekend.
Lupins and daisies in the ditch.
Lovely deck decor!

We helped Sylvia "decorate" the family room with some fishing accessories and then they took all of us out to see the tornado ravaged Fisherman's Cove Resort and then the "blow down" area not far from Lac Seul area. Pat and Amanda went fishing with Len while Sylvia and I sewed some. She had taken a Curves workshop and made a lovely lap quilt top and I decided I wanted to make a "mini" - shoot me already!!! Well I did it and I think it's lovely but talk about work!!! Then Pat and Amanda left.

Family Room

My blocks stitched and after quilting. I ran out of the outer border fabric so have to wait till I get home to finish the wall hanging off.

Desserted train bridge used as a vehicle bridge over the English River.


Blow down enroute to Wenasaga Lake

Tornado damage at Fisherman's Cove Resort at Lac Seul, Ear Falls ON

Cabin destroyed, 3 fishermen dead.
Then jumped the lake and dumped debris from cabin and tore out trees on opposite shore.


Amanda with mom Pat and grandfather Len after fishing outing.
Grandpa doing the dirty work.


Len's decorative lamp posts with Norm's stone/ironworks.

I then worked on the blocks for my Faces DYB RR for CQI and got them finished but not all the gifties I planned on making but Sylvia was going into town Wednesday as the power was to be off most of the day and I was shipping out the package - otherwise it would be late.


We visited around some and now I'm onto my next batch of UFOs that I brought with me. We've been going for coffee mornings and even supper last night up the road at the restaurant along with some invites out. Sylvia has been sewing living room side drapes and Len is puttering around in his garage creating too.

It's been cool, damp, raining, stormy most of the week now with the occasional warm sunny spell! Some pics taken on Wednesday's trip to Dryden shopping.

Uprooted tree roots dressed as a roadworker - someone had awesome imagination!!!

Stormy clouds.
Then rain ahead.
Then the rainbow!

Cedar Lake - awesome!
Hummingbirds at Betty n Dave's camp (used to be Sylvia and Len's - awesome to see someone caring for what used to be their home and livihood).


Okay, that's enough for now! Maybe another post early next week?

1 comment:

Linda Mullen said...

Lovely pics. So glad that you are enjoying yourself. Hopefully you'll be relaxed by the time you come back.