Sunday, July 05, 2009

My Follow-up

Well needless to say this was not the weekend for reading emails for me! Definitely not! With all the commercials on TV about "stopping bullying" in the school system I find it totally disgusting that a handful of adults think they have the right to bully others in this day and age! And these happen to be quilters, which I've usually found to be very nice and quite hospitable, even total strangers that I've met. Oh well all I can do is look after myself.

Even a couple of family members tried that this weekend and I just up and walked out and waited awhile before returning and hoping they would have smartened up. Thankfully they did, otherwise I'd have been driving back to Winnipeg that same evening whether Dad was upset or not - I'm not putting up with this anymore! My health and sanity is more important than appeasing these individuals' inflated important egos!

As for my weekend with my Dad, it was wonderful and he was in good spirits and ate whatever I cooked and even asked for help with some chores. It sure is hard to watch your loved ones diminishing before your eyes, especially when they are still fairly coherent and not liking the circumstances. Then one of my sisters from Saskatoon arrived which made his day as he's been wondering when she was going to visit. We had a day together then I left so she could have some time with him and I could relax some before going back to work.

Then my other sister Sylvia and Len were in the city, so I met up with them and chauffeured them around for the afternoon. Lovely visit and we've some changes to my vacation in August - now I hope I can change my work schedule to correspond to their calendar. If not will have to rethink them for later in the fall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rose Anne, have you ever read --The Secret? I highly recommend it...Debbie (Maine)