Sunday, March 11, 2007

The Weather or Blah Moods?

I'm feeling deserted or lost in space or whatever you want to call it? Guess I gotta talk to myself! LOL! Yeah I know it's my fault not having a family of myown to keep me hopping but even though I'm juggling two jobs and still working on my quilting and embroidery etc - I LIVE for my online friends' emails! Especially with the Western Retreat coming up in June I'm totally surprised there is not much list action working up to this retreat - what gives! One of my other groups has an Easter gathering and they are so chatty getting ready for it and I'm just chuckling but yet very envious as I wanna go too! EXCEPT and it's a big one, but the gathering is in Port Pirie, Austraila - so that's in my dreams - can you believe it though, there are gals travelling from England and the States and I think someone from Canada too for it!!! I can tell you that I've paid my WR fees and class fee this month (and that was tough for me even with two jobs) and now am trying to save for my spending money as I'll be travelling with my sister and will have a "van" to cart home whatever my heart desires from this upcoming trip. Oh yeah, will have to allow room for a couple of quilters and their stuff, but can probably leave early purchases at Dale Anne's or Heather's and pick it up on the way back -ROFLOL if that is necessary!!! All I know is this one has to stay within limits.

Our local guild is bringing in Nancy Bergman of Kenora ON, a landscape fabric artist, in May for a weekend workshop and don't ask me how but I've even managed to pay for this too as Sylvia has always wanted to take her classes - so we both are. There will be a trunk show Friday evening, then Saturday's workshop is the actual preparing your fabric landscape and then the Sunday workshop is the thread painting and embellishments - which might be a bit more than I'm up to but gonna try (haven't finished my WR piece that Shirley taught). Sylvia is looking very forward to this weekend and has been working on her challenges and blocks and whatever else, so she has her time open for May and June. I think's I'll send my stuff over to her since she seems to manage her time better than me!!!

Well I've been checking further on retirement and soon have to decide whether to officially set a date so I can start to save a weeks vacation this next couple of years or not (increases my monthly retirement amount so it's worth giving up one week now). It's kinda scary and I'm sure many go through this and I'm always getting comments like "Yeah right you've a dozen or so years yet - things will change by then!" - and then they are so surprised that I'm retiring at 55 - "That's too early!" Well not early enough for me after working 36 years and 9 months when that "minimum age for retirement" comes up - I've had the "magic 80" which is years of service and age now a couple of years - but I'm too "young" legally to partake of this event. ROFLOL!

See what happens - I have to talk on and on and on by myself when my Yahoo groups are quiet???

No comments: