Tuesday, January 07, 2020

January 2020 Catch Up

New Year's Eve

Ahhhh just heard the early fireworks and rushed to my window for pictures.  So sad that this new highrise condo building sprang up on the left this year, as it totally blocked my view of the Forks fireworks!  Will see if I feel like venturing out for the late ones!

Well maybe the wind direction changed as I was able to see half of most of the show! Awesome!  Happy New Year and onto new adventures in 2020!




Jan 1st

A quiet day for me again but I did tat another angel this time with seed beads on the chain picots and also stitched up block 51 for my Canada quilt.



One more week and the 52 blocks will be finished, but they are giving two bonus blocks the 14th, so guess you'll have to wait a couple more weeks to see them all together!  I'm so excited!  This is the first time I've kept mostly up to date - now how long will it take me to assemble the quilt tops!  I also did a mock up of a commissioned quilt on the computer from the blocks posted earlier.



And finished off the night with another beaded angel that has three seed beads on each picot. This baby ate up more thread and I ran out on the last row so had to join, but it worked out!


Jan 2nd

After attending Ann Eckford's, an MPQ quilter, unexpected and so sad her celebration of life, I treated myself to a much needed car wash and new beads to work on my angels.  I'm going to play now with these and wait patiently for my friends passing on their beads too!


Jan 3rd

WOW just had like a half hour of super huge stuck together snowflakes falling (enlarge the first pic to see them)!  It was unreal and just as it started it's now stopped!  Check out the second pic with the blurry white blob bottom center - right out my window.



Hey it's back again!


Jan 4th

OMGG I just received my gift from Sylvia and Len and was I ever spoiled!  I TOTALLY fell in LOVE with this dragonfly and have double hooked it ony stitching lamp.  She got it from a craft sale and probably the same artist who did the lovely chimes I bought a couple years ago! 



Along with that is a gift certificate from Dryden's The Quilting Trunk, which has way too much of my kind of fabrics within!!!  And here is the newer version of my Irridescent metallic angel. ❤❤❤ 


Now back to my coffee and then figuring out yardage for the RCMP quilt I've been asked to stitch up. 🤗

No comments: