Friday, January 17, 2020

Day 6

And maybe returning home Friday!

Considering the extreme cold Manitoba is experiencing, I stayed another day in Dryden, hopefully heading home before the snow falls! So it was a very productive day for both of us after our stay at home pancake breakfast!

See Sylvia assembed another runner and then played with the excess pieces and made a scrappy runner too! Pretty good considering the variety of fabrics.


While I set up my machine again and completed FMQing my Quilt with Inez class wall hanging, just to attach the hangers top n bottom (for weighting down), the label and binding and it'll be done with!  Will hang it on the inside door.


Then I tackled my 2-fabric bargello (miniaturized) and completed the FMQing circles started ages ago and also completed the flames top and bottom.  All that's left is to quilt the checkerboard effect into the borders, label and binding. 




I learnt a painful lesson today too! Sylvia mentioned I should use tracing paper to copy my quilting pattern onto and it would be easier FMQing plus after removing the paper.  Hmmmm, I just wanted to finish this baby so used the white paper as is.  BIG mistake!  The removal was torture plus pulled a few stitches which now will have to try readjusting!  I'm a fast learner though and will pick up tracing paper for future FMQing projects!!!  PLUS I mentioned a few times to Sylvia that I just LOVE my Big Foot for free motion quilting!

No comments: