Tuesday, January 14, 2020

Day 4

Well it was coffee out with their friends at McDonalds and Sylvia's birthday present for Florence, her girlfriend, had her in tears which ricocheted and more of us ladies got teary eyed!  Nice to see when your efforts are really appreciated!  Then back home to clear some snow and back to sewing!



YEAH!!!  IT'S FINITO!!!!  FINALLY!!!
I've the "shadows" sewn on all blocks!  Next is cutting and sewing on the sand/gold (corner squares on shadows) sashing and then the mish mash piano key 2x3" border!  I truly am amazed at myself in sticking to this project and hopefully a wonderful memento for me to hopefully enjoy on my new couch in my new apartment soon!  Again thank you Jackie White and CQA for the 2019 #52blocks52weeks project!  It was awesome to see everyone's fabrics, colours and now completed tops and quilts!  👏👏👏




And nice to see their home decorated with her various quilts, needleworks, paintings etc hung up!  She painted our Gilbert Plains farmhouse which was hanging at Mom n Dad's for years.  Plus one of Mom's embroidery which she finished such during each of her eight pregnancies - we each have such framed works!



No comments: