Sunday, December 01, 2019

November 30th & December 1st

Nov 30th

Yummy borscht and cheese toast again with Edna at the Oakwood Cafe!  AND carolers plus a pop up craft sale too!  Here's my pottery purchase!




Was there earlier with Edna and saw Linda and Patrick listening to the symphony performing here.


My purchases at Christkindlmarkt were few this year but could not resist a dolphins wooden ornament nor the angel with a heart that matches last year's trio of woodland angels.  And naturally another of my favourite gingerbread cookies and cherry chocolates, this time only one package.  The jam filled ones aren't for me.



While listening and sometimes watching the Jets hockey game I tatted my first metallic Angel, pattern by Inga Madsen, my previous Fringe Element Tatters exchange gifter.  Just wondering if I can find a large enough crystal like bead for her head and large enough sequins for a halo!  I really do not care for this Lizbeth metallic thread, at least this is an easier pattern to work!  Obviously I do not understand Danish so need some correction to my rows of chains and also slightly larger picots when comparing the two. 😍

My gift from Inga.


Dec 1st

Hmmmmm I read the article but guess I missed the shoeing dates!  I'm thinking I'd like to see this one! 


I played with my Oriental brocades(?) finally and trying to decide what to do with it.  Maybe add more and make a table topper?  There is a fabric in here that is reversible - so different - see the second from the bottom row, the striped one and the other side is the blue flowered third block same row.  I obviously like the reds lots!!!  They are so rich looking, who wouldn't like one!


Hey maybe my brother has tires lying around for this gate entrance decor?  Maybe to share with his daughter?


Well I've tried this lovely angel again using Lizbeth 313 Sand Dollar.  It did tat up easier than the 312 Irridescent metallic.  I need to refine the tatted head and do something different for the hanger.  This time I followed the skirt instructions but will go back to 3 rows each number to be similar as the Irridescent one.  It's an ongoing learning process for me!


That's it for the weekend!!!

No comments: