Saturday, December 07, 2019

December 3rd - 7th

Dec 3rd

Well again not how I envisioned it, but it's hard to line two reversed pieces together perfectly. It's funny how something said or seen triggers an idea and off to the races I go.  Not what I'm supposed to do but ohhh well!  The left side is what I see as the front, the right side is the backside that was pieced together then appliqued onto backing as my strips were too narrow!  HMMMMM!!!  Better planning next time!


Here's a note from a friend reminding me of a gift I sent her years ago.   Thank you Maureen!

"Remember your notebook sent in 2008?  It's in use still.  To jog your memory Rose Anne.... I should have cleared the table of loose threads before taking the shots.  The cover is brighter in real life. thanks again.      Maureen"

I felt bad not remembering but it sure popped when she sent these!  I was just mentioning to another friend that I have to finish off some of those crazy stitched/round robin blocks and show them off!



Dec 4th

Didn't know this!



It was great to see this historic event in theatre with Janice and Marilyn this evening. Naturally there was a bit of drama and I jumped n screamed, knocking over my water bottle.  SHEESH!!!

https://www.facebook.com/StandMovieMusical/


Dec 5th

The other evening I was with Pat when she washed her flannel rag quilt and cream extra wide flannel backing for a table cloth in the same machine.  Yes there are many tiny thread remnants to pick off but absolutely no colour runs even in warm water.  We used Dawn original dish soap plus two new and three used dye catchers which had very little to no colours released.  YEAH!!!!!  Here's the before and after quilts.




Awesome to take in the Carol Shields Auditorium holiday piano and solo performance by U of Winnipeg noon hour concert at our Millennium Library!  Lovely but no photos allowed!  Especially after my intense dental filling I just had!

Dec 6th

Here are the mitts my friend Mary knitted plus a Canada pair bought when Zellers was closed where she used to work.  These she gave to me for our donation to Agape Table in exchange for the excess wool I have and food donation I was going to give to our Charleswood Senior Ctr.  That was before they changed their plans from community hampers to assisting the Agape Table with dollars and/or winter mitts, hats, scarves or socks donations.  Aurora Quilters made a dollars contribution plus some individuals collected and wrapped items for them to.


Well another request for a wildlife pillow using the Duck Dynasty fabric for a friend.  I sure hope it's liked as much as my previous ones were!  Now have another request to do hopefully before Christmas.  Then back to MPQ hand applique project and also my machine quilting class project!



WOW WOW WOW, now this is awesome!!!!


Dec 7th

What a lovely day at Ricky's for our Christmas Aurora Quilters gathering!  Thank you to Don and Ricky for hosting this and the delicious turkey!  Food was scrumptious as always and I ate too darn much!  But I halved a piece of cheescake so I could have dessert!  BUT we could have done without the freezing rain, but the roads were clear when leaving, thank goodness!   Thank you Audrey for my lovely 🎄🎁 and Ricky for taking my pictures.  🤗😘🥂

Beautiful tree Ricky!

YIKES!!!

Now I can store all my Canada patterns, RxR license plates, charm blocks, buttons etc. in one place AND know where they are right away! 

Thank you Ricky for catching this expression!
It's so me!

Thank you Audrey for my lovely gifts!

Now here is my choir of angels, but not all of them!   Gotta get them together one day! 

Now relaxing with some wine and hockey!!!

No comments: