Monday, December 23, 2019

Back at it!

Yesterday

My throw together left overs supper!  YUMMY, now a coffee!  Ohhh and Jake ate his too!



I have too many needle holes in my fingers and had to call it quits on block #3 for tonight.  See I'm taking part in the MPQ guild's BOM (pattern is a 12" finished size) applique program this year and have chosen to use the newly learnt back basting hand applique technique for my blocks.  I had completed blocks #1 and #2 when a friend said to do a step by step pictures.  Well I'm not doing all of them, just going to show this one set from start to appliqueing from the back onto the front layers.
1. Trace the reverse side of the 1/4 pattern image onto the back of the fabric, repeat for the other 3 - 1/4s for a whole block.
2. Choose the first background fabric and pin it onto the front extended over the specific imagine line.
3. Using a heavy thread and thick needle baste on that traced line. Turn over and using duck-billed applique scissors, trim to 1/4" from basting.
4. Using fine silk thread and a fine needle, remove a few of the basted stitches, turn under the edge of the basted piece along those needle holes and matching the holes on the backing fabric, applique in place, removing basting stitches as you go.
5. Continue till all background pieces are in place, then move onto the foreground pieces (see block #2).













Today

Finally someone understands! 🤗🤗🤗
Too bad some visitors don't! ☹☹☹


Merry Christmas to my Irish friends and your families! 💞


OOOOHHHHHH I love this new Christmas song by Kenny Chesney! 💞💞💞
But I love a serious snowfall white Christmas toooooo!!! ☃️☃️☃️
Hmmmm maybe one day, no bikini tho, and definitely no sunburn either, as I'll not tan afterwards! 🤣🤣🤣

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vqZV-GVZeJg&feature=share

OMGG I'm so thrilled with this version of this pretty little angel and pattern I received as a gift.  Thank you Michelle for the just perfect pearl head and I found these awesome snowflake sequins that worked perfectly for the halo!  Now to find more as I need to make loads of these for gifts and requests for Christmas 2020!
Lizbeth Metallic #312 in size 20.
2.5" wide x 3.5" tall



Now taking it easy before going out this evening agan!  This celebrating sure will catch up to me!!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Thanks for such a good explanation of the back-basting method. I've never known how it worked. I can see it being very nice, and yours certainly looks smooth on the curves and points.