Thursday, December 26, 2019

Boxing Day Find!

#52blocks52weeks group post:
Thank you everyone on your wonderful comments!  This wouldn't be happening if it weren't for Jackie White and CQA's project!  So thank you very very much to them also!  I'd still be wondering what to do with my stash of Canada themed fabrics.  And now after all the blocks (2 more to come yet) and the piano keys final border are finished, I just might recover my two large accent cushions with leftover 3 inch squares from this smaller accent pillow!  Will see!  👍😉😍☃️☃️☃️


My dilemma on the settings for my Canada quilt was resolved while visiting Pat this morning!  Thank you Pat for unscrambling my thoughts!  Ohhhh my gosh the ladies on the #52blocks52weeks group are so wonderful!!!! 

I've two layouts I'm fretting over and today found a solution!  The main side is the blocks with shadows and sashing!


The back side or second quilt will be just 6.5 squares of Canada themed fabrics in the on point setting.


Maybe my quilter will not like me much for this idea, but this solves my settings dilemma and hopefully depleting more of my themed fabric stash!  Plus two larger accent pillow covers of 3.5" squares and possibly red cording, too many already cut out and not used for other projects! ❤❤❤

Afterwards I went shopping.  I was trying to find more Lil' Red Truck ornaments but no luck - but I scored on fabrics!!! 



I have plans for accent pillows and a nifty wall hanging for myself.


Now relaxing after a video call with Barb down south, light supper and now watching Junior Hockey!  GO CANADA GO!!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hope Canada won! I like that last wallhanging picture. You did score some nice fabrics.

Rose Anne B said...

Yes they did but close.
Thank you!