Sunday, February 24, 2019

CUBA Day 7 - Excursion - Sugar Cigar Rum 2

Now on the bus travelling into Holguin up to the Hill of the Cross. Lot easier on me than walking all those stairs.

One of a number of universities. 




Many modes of transportation. 




450 steps up to the Hill of the Cross - no I didn't do that - I took the bus to the top.

In the park across the street with interesting stonework - on patios and pathways. 



Love these old cars and many well maintained. 





I prayed, left my offering, when it happens I must return to give my thanks!

View from the top.



Music Tree - brought in from Africa - nicknamed "Good for Nothing Tree".  As it's useless except when seed pods dry they make music in the wind and seeds used for inexpensive jewellery. 

Interesting ornament. 

Opposite side of the Cross. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

That's a lot of steps! When you see the broad view of the city, and not the poverty of some areas, it looks pretty. People are driving those old cars as their every day cars? Are there any modern cars around? I don't know what trade has been like the last decade, maybe they haven't gotten imports of newer models? Good to see how long they lasted, with maintenance, though! The seed pods on the music tree remind me of mesquite pods.