Sunday, December 30, 2018

Interesting!

Posted by James Dean Waryk.
Granville Street, Vancouver, Canada, 1901.


Then last night I was dazzled by what I thought was Northern Lights!  Look from your backyard Taunya!  I wish I could have stayed out longer but my fingers were freezing!





Then I noticed this comment from a friend in my post.  "What area of the city Rose Anne? Facing which direction? Lots of discussion on CJOB this morning.  Called ice pillars.  Caused by ice crystals on a cold calm night.  People could see them in every area of Winnipeg by the sounds of it.  Very nice picture you took."  My reply, "I was dog sitting around Kenaston and Grant deck facing north but pictures east of downtown.  I thought it weird seeing them over the most lit up area of the city.  So different from the northern lights!  Learnt something new!  Thank you Ruth."

Here I really thought this week I'd finish off Taunya's two duvet covers, on the go since January!  The first day was moving in, grocery shopping and settling in and the Sunday I sorta vegged out and set up my machine etc.  Guess I should have made a more determined effort as I need ONE MORE DAY and I'd have the wildlife snaps sewn on and both covers specially washed to protect from colour bleeding hopefully in future washes!  Well I'm back in a month's time and they will both be totally finished and stuffed for final pictures.  But here's the Canada duvet sewing completed but not stuffed!  I'm very happy with how they are both looking!




No comments: