Friday, December 21, 2018

Birds Hill Provincial Park With Janice

OMGG I don't know what I'm going to do if our COLD OR FRIGID winter temperatures return as I'm having a ball outside in these mild temps!!!!!!! 😎🤩☃️💞 Well I could have done without the rain past two days and maybe I'd not have fallen today - OHHH my right side!!!!!!!

I picked Janice up this morning before heading to the beach area for a supposedly groomed pathway around the lake and through the bush area! Yeah right on!!!! Well with that rain it was very slippery and had to walk on the edges of the tracks very carefully sometimes! It was awesome and twice I was surprised when my tracker said the km walked as it felt like we'd just started out. I quickly retracted my statement as I know Janice would have us going around a second time!!! It's all Nature's fault as I was enjoying myself muchly! Then the birds entertained us, even landing on her hat and stirring up my hair a few times flying by! But I sure could have done without the wipeout but thankful near the end, landing hard on my right hip and jarring my shoulder, even cracking my thumb nail in two places through my suede mitts! I'm not sure of the total distance and time we walked as my phone ran out of power and shut off.

5.85 plus km or 9,550 plus steps just over 2 hours - felt like a marathon on that ice and hills too!  Janice thinks it was near 7 km.

The crazy flower child with me!  😘

It was bright out there but sure doesn't show here!

The sign on the left side said LARK!  Hmmm sure felt like she was dragging me out on a lark for sure!

Love that red grasses or shrubs!  Janice's picture.

Awesome red pines.

My "tree hugger" friend!!!

They were waiting for us to have a seat!   It's true!

SEEEEEE!!!!!




They were just crazy! 

And aggressive to other birds! 

A blue headed one on the right?


Communing with nature and having a ball! 


This was an awesome red pines trail but should have stayed upright here! 

Then we drove over to Pineridge Hollow (Janice took these pictures) for soup, salad n hot chocolate/chai latte and the pigs n goats entertainment before taking a peak at the store (disappointing as they've changed their merchandise and not to my liking now) before heading back.

These and the pigs were entertaining.


Great sausage soup and gouda salad! 
It was awesome here even on the verandah with heaters!  We were dressed for our walk, so good!

Well talk about a surprise when passing the Norquay Bldg and seeing my former staff out front playing the annual street hockey even with the retired Mike Lesiuk back for the fun! Awesome!!!

Good to see you Mike!



No comments: