Friday, August 11, 2006

Phew, what a chore

Well I did set up my BLOG and finally with many a trial and error and four hours later I posted some of my pictures too. I sure hope this is like learning new tasks at work, I get better with practice??? LOL! Now I just need either a digital camera or a 3in1 printer/copier/scanner and then I can finally have some show n tell of works in progress.

Today is another of my 13 hour work days but then I have the weekend free and my talented quilting sister (she's had a few of her inspired creations entered into our LQS competition and won 1st a couple of times and a second too) should be at my place when I get home and visiting for the weekend with me! WOW! Wonder what we'll get into while she's here? Guess you'll have to wait and see for my next update!

This morning started off with an office breakfast (co-workers farewell) at York the Hotel and talk about a scrumptious buffet! It was nothing elaborate but a very healthy variety of well prepared dishes and fruits to definitely whet my appetite! More like spoil it as I'm usually a juice, toast/muffin/biscuit or cereal and banana type of person. So needless to say I was full but did not go up for seconds and boy am I glad, as all that food so early kinda put a buffer between me and work upon return. Now I have to shift into high gear to make up for the late start and slight coasting this morning.

Here is a recently completed wall hanging I made for Mary, my co-worker, who retired July 31st. It was a copy of an office poster (permission obtained from the artist to use it and I sent him a pic of the quilt and me) that I had another quilter print off for me and then I put it all together and did quilt in the ditch for some of the borders and my first free motion quilting in the centre panel following the images and the outer border of gold metallic wheat stalks. What a project but boy it was worth it for all the appreciation Mary showed and still gives.

No comments: