Friday, August 18, 2006

Memories

I was reading emails over lunch when one on "do you use an apron" came up! ROFLOL! Oh laughing on a full stomach hurts!!!

This is soooooo funny for me! See in my "younger days" Saturday was the baking and cooking day in our household and into the freezer extras went. Well also in our house, not sure if it was Mom's or Dad's rule, but an apron had to be worn. ROFLOL, I just can't stop the giggles here! See, I did most of the baking and loved it totally, no matter what the weather and yes I had the apron on!

Well one day Dad was sitting in the living room watching something on TV - for the life of me that has slipped my mind - and yelled for Mom and I to come see! Well it was very interesting and we promptly went to sit down on the couch, which we had to pass by Dad to get there. When he yells loudly "DON'T SIT DOWN!" Well just about gave Mom and I heart failure I can tell you. Then he tells me to get out of the room now! HUH! What's with him now I'm thinking to myself! Then Mom starts laughing and that triggers the tears for me. Now I hope you're not laughing!

Well see I have the apron on so I'll be nice and tidy - where it's supposed to be - right. BUT for Rose Anne that's not the right place! See I have a tendancy to brush my hands off on my BUTT so needless to say that's where the apron went from then on. But sometimes I'd get spills down the front so I gave up and sewed myself a special one that slips over the head and covered me front to back - actually I still have it but hardly use it!!!! You're not laughing, RIGHT!

By the way here are the two latest postcards I've completed.


2 comments:

Dale Anne Potter said...

GREAT JOB on the Fabric postcards!

Aw....those funny memories!!! LOL

Maureen said...

After reading your comments on the FAPC site ,and being a dedicated CQer myself I HAD to visit your blog and say "Hi"
As for aprons.....ALWAYS had to have a supply available for when MiL visited........for myself,a dish towel tucked into position was easier (shock! Horror)