Sunday, August 20, 2006

Day 1 - House/Cat Sitting

Shoot, I typed this once and then hit something and POOF!!!! See this is Linda's PC and the keyboard is slightly different from mine.

Okay Sandie I think I've found the culprit that won't let email back to me. I did all you suggested but that did not work and so I got brave and kept checking all the other tabs and found under Settings and Basics I had a NO for show email so I changed that and hope it works now. So Lillian from South Korea, you might want to try that too as I could not reply to your request for close up pictures of my PCs.

As for the house/cat sitting I feel I'm in home luxury (well at least in my opinion) and it's just too bad it's about 20-30 minutes commute to work one way but then the AC and HUGE TV screen will definitely make up for the travel.

SHOOT, talk about being totally embarrassed at the airport after dropping off Linda and family. I adjusted the seat for my very short legs and then the mirror and then put the brand spanking new SUV into drive but DUH it's not going anywhere. I looked for the emergency brake release and instead popped the front hood - can this get more embarrassing??? So I got out and shut that (did I notice if the vehicle was actually running - NO!) and got back in but still it would not go. Starting to panic I look around and there's my friend still at the entrance calling her hubby back to see what my problem is! SHEESH! I had not turned the key totally to start the darn thing! It worked like a charm once I did that! But talk about nervous and naturally I watched my speed all the way to their place and lucky I didn't get pulled over for being too slow! ROFLOL! And they said to use it while I'm here! I doubt it - I have my old boat here and that's what I'll use if I'm going out after work. Wait till they get home, they'll probably be teasing the heck outta me!

Now it's to get used to sleeping in a strange place which will take some nights. And lets hope the cats cooperate with my schedule for getting up and going to work etc. LOL!

No comments: