Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Belly Flop Day!

Yep another rainy day for our trip to Dryden for groceries, more fabric at 30% off at Qustom Quilts (summer only) for both Sylvia and I and their appointments.

Remember that beer commerical about plastic being sent down the hill and the sprinklers come on and young adults slipping and sliding down in fun??? WELLLLLL, it wasn't fun for me but I did a heck of a slip and then belly flopped into the huge deep puddle in front of Extra Foods!!!

See it was torrential downpour where water was bouncing up off the road when Len dropped us off! I attempted to run across the lane into the store but my sandal slipped on the crack and water and then I turned my ankle, then tried to compensate and catch myself BUT instead was off balance more and down onto my right knee n elbow and skinned myself to my knuckles and palms just stinging! SHEESH!!! Then I tried to get up and couldn't and that's when I belly flopped flat into the running water puddle and just lifted my head from a face plant contact and saved my glasses! I was soaked through to my gitch and it was downright chilly out but didn't rip my brand new work pants. Lucky I had just bought a top so I changed into that at least and my pants dried kinda fast. I can tell you it was a long achy hour ride home!!!

The jury is still out on whether I hurt my neck and shoulder but my left ankle is very sore and my hipbones are tender - tomorrow I will know! Serves me right for trying to RUN period!!!

3 comments:

Joy said...

OMG you poor thing. Now you see why you should stay home and just be creative. Stay away from the food stores!!!

Seriously - I do hope you are feeling OK this morning as I know how the after affects are usually worse the next day.

If I was closer, I would give you a Gentle Hug.

Take care.

Linda Mullen said...

Now I understand your comment in one of your emails to me. You poor thing. I hope you're not too sore now. BTW, I have some goodies for you.

Judy said...

Poor Rose Anne! Sounds like you did it up way better than I did! (I tripped over the stupid dog and have multiple buts of road rash. I told them the walk was cut short, as I needed to wash. After I yelled at them!)