Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Day 4 - House/Cat Sitting

WOW, I hope I don't jinx myself but the cats seem to be behaving except for a couple of spats - no fluffs of fur! And today I took a vacation day and spent it with Pat, my quilty niece, and we commenced where we left off last year at this time on our second 1930s mini. Well we only had about 4 hours sewing so did not get too far - it's still going to take at least another stitching day to finish off. It is a variation of a nine patch with a diamond template cutout and then orange wedges sewn in the cathedral window like cutaways. They circles are tricky to sew and my niece found out the hard way you can't just zip through them you have to pin and pin and pin and pin then sew carefully. Both of us can't wait till this one is finished as we've both picked up more 1930s plus I had received some in my swap parcels so there are many more 1930s minis to be made! LOL!

In the afternoon my quilty sister (Pat's Mom) and DH arrived from out of town and she brought me some goodies for my crazy patch plus figured out how to turn a regular pieced pattern (which I dreaded to tackle) into a paper pieced one and even made a second copy of my pattern for me cause she knows I make mistakes and even jotted down some notes on how to go about stitching it together. Ain't she sweet!

Oh speaking of sisters I got my pics from the family wedding in July and as soon as I get them scanned I'll post them. My Dad was in such good spirits that weekend for a 92 year old, we all could not believe it! And I've a couple of really good family pics I need to have enlarged and duped for the family. That sure was a lovely weekend except for having my BIL in the hospital that whole week after falling down the a set of basement stairs landing face first on the cement floor (no broken bones or internal injuries - Thank the Lord!) and missing out on all the festivities (minor considering what could have happened). But he's doing really good and has healed marvelously in this past month. So we had a lovely supper of bison burgers and salad and fresh fruit and after they left for his sister's I joined my niece at her son's football practice before returning to Linda's! A wonderful day off!

Now I'll go catch up on a full day's emails!

No comments: