Saturday, December 04, 2021

Nov 30th - Dec 3rd

Nov 30th

Tomorrow back to the Meals on Wheels placemats that need sandwiching, quilting and binding.

YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!! I made my Dec 1st mailing deadline today! This is for my PFA Swap postcard group and sorry this time I can't post the steps in making this card as I want it a surprise for the recipient. But here is a bit of distorted view of a tiny spot! So as soon as it arrives overseas, I'll post all pics! 😉


Well my Pieced Navidad from the mini quilting retreat at Sylvia's is complete. Finally one more UFO completed, pattern bought over 5 years ago, misplaced, searched and finally got to it!



Dec 1st

Awesome, I finally out for an exercise walk, not speedy but continous, on clear pathways with very little ice patches gravel covered!  Yeah to Assiniboine Park for their maintenance! 

Now having pumpkin pie latte and shared apple jack with Edna!!!!  🥰


OMGG Mariam from Potugal just about had me in tears for a couple reasons! FIRSTLY for a beautifully embroidered letter postcard, doubled!!! I ❤ ❤ ❤ it! Thank you so very much! SECONDLY for honouring me with my proper initials!!! I don't have enough body digits for the number of times people ignore my spelling of my "Given Name" and insist it's Rose and Middle Name is Anne. NOT SO!!! One name only, two words with a space between, no hyphen! 😉


Dec 2nd

After the last two days, in between errands, I've finished quilting nine placemats and cut out the bindings.  Hopefully tomorrow or Saturday I'll get them bound, washed and hopefully delivered to Meals on Wheels next week.

Dec 3rd

A lovely afternoon visit with Tuco, sorry no walks in Kings Park this time!  It's been a couple years since we visited and glad you didn't make strange!  💞💞💞





Goodbye!!! 


Okay! My $100 gift card from the Chamber of Commerce for booking a local summer staycation has been just about used up! I wanted to use it for Edna and my Christmas supper but it's an "online" card only, dang it! So finally after scouring Amazon.ca and changing my order until it did not include outside shipping costs, I finally settled on a wool pressing mat for me and a set of three spools Aurifil for Edna! Well they've both arrived as noted!


This is the first one completed out of nine in three types of backgrounds - all for Meals on Wheels program. Now the rest to hand bind finishing, then washing and packaging. I've contacted them and they will gladly send them out with meals after I drop them off!




No comments: