Monday, November 29, 2021

Catchup - Nov 20th-29th

Nov 20th

HA HA HA!!!!  It's winter out there but this dang fly, like them geese, just don't know that???


Yeppers but for me it's others warm and keeps me sane!


Well another tatting project is completed, Celtic Chain Donut Pendant, pattern by Patti Duff. I think it'll make a very lovely brooch or hat decor?



WOW!!! Beautiful sunset happening! 🥰
Through my window.



Dang it, dang it, dang it!
Earlier today I walked into my folding floor embroidery stand and smacked my two smaller toes AGAIN!!! One for sure is telling me it hurts!!! They've never return to original size from the first smash, guess these two twill not recoup now!
Sooooo enjoying a chardonnay with pizza and feet up watching curling!

Nov 22nd 

Today I spent a lovely day at Sylvia's with her daughter Pat and my friend Edna for the start of a two day quilting retreat.  Except we're taking turns with meals and tomorrow's supper is Chinese shared!  We all are working on our own versions of this pattern, and one is all I will do!

We were greeted with another door hanger and last years on the inside!  Then Edna showed items she had worked on but finished at home.  AWESOME!!!







Nov 23rd

Well talk about a lovely two days, even if my morning starts were rough!  It worked out great with planned meals and sewing for a very pleasant visit!  Both Pat and Sylvia managed to bind their hangers, just the bows to sew on! Edna and I still need our bindings and I'm going to do up labels to applique on the back too!  Talk about different looks and played with sizes too!







Nov 25th

OMGG, this embroidery on a fabric postcard has gone very well considering my rustiness! I'll be assembling the parts tomorrow and hopefully in the mail this weekend!  
Friends asked for pictures but they will have to wait now until it's received! 😉
I just ❤❤❤ hand needlework, whatever the technique! Has kept me busy off and on the past week, in amongst my quilting projects!

Nov 27th

UPDATE No 29th:  Hey I just saw them at Dollar Tree today in the craft section near the glue guns.

OMGG!!!  Thank you Sylvia for this very thoughtful gift to save my tender fingers!  😘  See with all the itty bitty miniatures and appliques I do, I've never bought myself, nor had them on a gift exchange list in the past.  Today I was trying to turn under the "cookie" shaped labels for our four hangers and first off heated up one fingernail THEN BLINK LIGHT CAME ON and went in search of these babies!  Well I did four 3.5 inch labels without one overly WARM finger or nail!  They are now in my pincushion that is usually packed with the machine on sewing days!  🥰🥰🥰


YIKES YIKES YIKES!!! 🔥
Just as I was sitting down with my supper maybe an hour ago the fire alarm goes off. SHEESH, rush to put that away, get dressed and carefully head down with others. Most remembered their masks and as we pass the third floor it stinks badly. So we're outside and Half hour later still no fire trucks??? Then we see others going back in and alarm is off. HMMM??? Saw the caretaker and here it was a tenant frying French fries and instead of putting both fans on she opened the door. Lots of smoke on third floor. SHEESH!!!

Well after all the excitement earlier, I had my supper and got down to quilting the four totes I finished sewing together the blocks this afternoon. So tomorrow I'll start stitching them up and hopefully next week drop them off to the MPQ President!

Nov 28th

It's been a busy day so far and still more time needed to finish off these four tote bags!  Getting there!  Using up extra 3.5 inch charms from Canada pillows I'd sewn last year.



I'm not a happy camper sewing today! My old Kenmore is skipping 2-3 stitches every dozen or so, real maddening! No time to check things out! Switched to my new Janome and all is awesome! That is until I added heat n bond to stabilize tote handles. After the first set it too decided to skip totally, no sewing at all. Switched to prepping the other three totes bindings, button tabs and handles before trying to sew binding strips together - VOILA - that worked! Too tired for more now so feet up, a quick supper, glass of chardonnay and watching recorded curling! THAAAAAT'S ALLLL FOLKS!!!!!

Nov 29th

Dang the last tote and binding joined wrong!  That's what I get sewing tired!!!!  Hope it's not cut wrong!!!  I'm determined to finish this baby so they are outta here this week!
Yeah the two twists untwisted worked perfectly!!!




YEAH, YEAH, YEAH!!!
One commitment is complete and hopefully dropped off this week.
This started with left over 3.5 inch blocks from a previous project, still lots left yet! All fabrics etc are from my stash and again not much of a dent but did use up some fabrics I was not keen on!
Also thank you to fellow MPQ quilters, Heather Orlukiewicz for the PJ's and my sister Sylvia for some lotions donated for them. I appreciated the help! 💞💞💞





No comments: