Friday, November 19, 2021

Catchup - Nov 10th-19th

Nov 10th

Well we've had it very very lucky so far! Now to watch out for those who can and can't drive in the first snowstorm!!!!


Tried to snooze on the couch but neighbours were doing something in their driveway 8ish and woke us all up! It's beautiful outside to have had breakfast, but the breeze is picking up so not sure I'll be able to tat some outside! Water bowl just crystalizing.




Ohhhhh I'm still totally amazed that I'm out in a tee with this lovely wool shawl protecting my neck and back from a chill and tatting without gloves on!!! BUTTTT I'm going to enjoy this as tomorrow it's supposed to be rain/snow mix!  

After an hour my fingers are still warm and I feel like I'm toasty warm ready for a nap! The temp is 6C but feels lots warmer in the sun, but there's definitely a winter storm warning posted!



Hey if we get snow as predicted, I'll be able to pull out my Snowman and winter masks!!!

Nov 10th

Okay definitely no breakfast outside today! Even the dogs are out and back in fast like! 😆 But pears in my cereal is weird but actually not bad! I don't mind peaches or nectarines! Ran out of bananas and raspberries were goners! DUH ME!!!!

Ohhhh you saw me in the square red/black plaid scarf the other day but here is a nicer picture of the wrap plus the blue rectangle one I picked up at the store in the Collection Outlet Mall out Kenaston way! They are polyester and the whole store is $10 items - great gift ideas in there!




Okay the forecast is wrong AGAIN!!!! It was to rain today with snow evening/night! Dahli does not like this and goes out and right back after her business! I don't think I need the fence collars on as they don't venture far from the deck! 😆😆😆 She's on the couch back and barks when she looks out! Does she know???




Hmmmm ONE hour later and it's looking like a serious wintry mix alright! But still the same temperature!




Ohhhh it's a good thing I had Pepsi with my pizza tonight! See there was an alcohol police check stop on Osborne North at Assiniboine Ave. Most just stopped, chatted and then drove on ahead of me but they had the large van there in case it was needed! This is their favourite spot as I've been stopped many times here. But this was the first officer who was polite and right away knew I was turning here to go home not avoid what was ahead.

Nov 11th

Lest we Forget!  

One of my favourite flowers and a puzzle too!


I love this type of weather but then I'm not traveling!

It's coming down if caught in pictures!

Nov 12th

Well I know I'm not going anywhere today! Deck shoveling for the dogs is my limit today! The back yard before the dogs went out was pristine postcard like! This was after yesterday's 3 inches shoveled off. Over my ankles on the deck this morning. Ohhh well! Wheeler loves it, the other two stayed inside! Apparently highways in Manitoba and NW Ontario were closed! Reminds me of an Ontario quilting retreat that we'd gotten to Falcon Lake and then the city perimeter was closed to highway travel! Oh well we just continued, it was the semis that had issues with hills etc!





OMGG!!!! There was like 6-8 inches out back and no sign at all onf stairs! I shoveled in 3 layers and pushed most off. I just did a path for the dogs as I saw Wheeler miss and wobbled this morning! Glad it was nice out there and they horsed around while I did this patch. Maybe rest later on or not!

Not sure why I'm left behind in inclement weather???





Well over my ankles!


And now all crashed!

Here's two of my four new quilting or road trip tees! The road trip one I bought and a third that Steff will be making for me whenever. Thank you!

WTH!!! What's this Goose doing here?



OMGG!!!! What a difference from Nov. 9th tatting on the deck with a tee and shawl to today Nov. 12th anywhere from 6 inches to snow drifts in two days.  

I started the Large Crystal Snowflake by Vida Sunderman outside on the right with 3mm glass beads and finished it and the one on the left with 4mm Swarovski crystals inside!!!! I was so happy to have found slightly smaller ones, but not as glittery so not finished.


Ooooohhhhhhh it's going to be a kinda healthy weekend! I forgot to pick my usual munchies! Dang! At least I've my Grapefruit Radler and wine! Now that all of us were fed, it's back to disappearing 9 patch blocks for MPQ donation gift giving! Wonder if anyone would like to add some goodies into them? Not sure how many I'll make up, maybe 3 or 4!

Nov 13th

Ohhhhh boy it's snowing again! Driveway got cleaned last night so I quickly went home to pick up quilting items I needed, then since it was still nice I picked up Sylvia and had lunch at A&W, visited Indigo briefly, then took her home as snow was raining down. I stopped for a few groceries now staying put!!!! Not nice driving on that slickness! Gotta shovel before dark again!

Nov 14th

Hmmmmm it's not snowing but yet it's not clear either! Ahhhhh 'freezing fog' is the culprit!!! No matter the crew are cavorting out there chasing each other or lying in the snow! I've not towel dried them as much as this visit!




Ohhhhh I'm hepped to join a new FB rooms video chat for me! Can't wait to see who's on from Ontario way! If it coincides I'll be going to a quilting and tatting retreats hopefully in September. Thinking of driving so I can bring my own machine etc - better not forget the cords/feet etc! Toronto's too far away to go home n get them! 🤣🤣🤣


Just about 2 days of sewing this weekend and I've the outsides of 3 tote bags of same front and backs and 3/4s of a 4th tote using the disappearing 9 patch technique. See I'm short four 3.5" squares of the cities fabric for the last block! I'll check again tomorrow my Canada fabric bag and see if by chance I have more. I'm trying to use up my extra Canada fabrics that won't be used in my Canada quilt. Might have a charity quilt one day yet!

One tote!

Second tote!

Or mix n match the above two for different fronts and backs? 

Third tote

Fourth tote missing one fabric.

I'm short four 3.5 inch squares of this fabric in white background.  It's coming soon!

Nov 15th

The drive to my appointment went well and once back and the excitement settled this is what I was able to capture. Sam just climbed over top Wheeler and made a spot for himself! They did this the other day but before I could get the camera Griffin jumped down.



Nov 16th

OOOOHHHHHH WOW!!! I came over to Sylvia's for supper and Jets hockey visit with her. And another door hanger depicting Winter's Approaching was up to greet me!  

Beautiful Sylvia!!! ❤❤❤

AND she helped me choose background fabrics for my Dresden Fans placemats, next to quilt them!


Nov 18th

Good morning! Lovely sunshine on my just washed Candlelight Snowflakes pattern by Sabina Carden-Madden and the Large Crystal Snowflake pattern by Vida Sunderman. Now just to starch them and add to the tree!


Here's Edna's project from our Oct 23rd-24th sewing weekend. Wanted a tote from selvedges - awesome job Edna!  

Now we want another such sewing weekend for more selvedge challenges!




Nov 19th

WOW am I ever impressed with my new tees and just in time for Monday/Tuesday quilting time with the girls! Because of the miles between and online issues, I bought my tees and handed them over for printing to Steff. You never know, I just might get more done before quilting retreats begin again! Thank you so much!





No comments: