Sunday, December 26, 2021

Merry Christmas

Dec 25th

A very quiet Christmas!  Doggie door duty, sewing my Trash Quilt blocks up while watching/listening to Christmas movies and music.

I'm using the RR Designs Trash Quilt tutorial video, seven step process with my scrap bag!  I've sewn up 2sies, 4sies, 8sies, 16sies, 32sies with 64sies the last step before squaring off.   Depending on my block size I'll be sewing a top together later on with narrow sashing between!!!!!   For you quilters, here's the link

https://youtu.be/X-kzAmoCUk0

All that sewing past two days and only 3 finished blocks?????  I've given up and relaxing with some wine and feet up!








Great idea!


Dec 26th

Okay trying to have my coffee when Sam decided it was play time and Wheeler obliged! Griffin just relaxed! Then tug-a-war changed fast to a wrestling match and get out of their way. Like kids I intervened with easy or enough to tone it down! And as fast as it start it fizzled out with Wheeler needing a snow snack to cool down! Back in and quiet time but Sam still wants to play, so squeaky toys it was!!! And some whining too!

Griffin not getting involved!


Then Wheeler teased!

And the challenge was on!



Sam got it!

A pause?

Nope, strategic planning was happening!



Kids!!!

Fun times ae done with?

Instant cool down outside and in.

Ahhhh play more please?

Fine I'll pull out toys!

A few whines too!

Hmmmm very brief fun!

Lovely late Santa Lucia pizza lunch with Sylvia (both have leftovers) and a couple hours to finish off the puzzle she had started! It seemed easy but was quite deceiving and brand new with one piece missing! HOW?  

So we checked the couch cushions and then on my knees searching under the couch. Hmmmm nothing visible but a shadow spotted, so swiped my hand on the carpet and sure enough a ways under was the piece! YEAH!!!


OMGG!!!! I truly want to do something like this with my favourite fabrics, miniaturized naturally! And obviously using my fancy button stash!!!!!

No comments: