Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Post Christmas #2

Dec 28th

Well another quiet day but started off weird!  Sam would not go out, not gonna work with me!  So tied my houseboat tighter and boots on out I go, sure enough he follows and takes off playing and checking I'm still there too!  So I scrapped off the 2" that accumulated overnight!  BRRRRR!!!  Crazy rescue dog that lived outside before!

This afternoon I went to visit Sylvia and work on the Christmas puzzle I bought with her. Last night she was not thrilled with my choice but did manage to put the border together except for one alusive piece and separate same type pieces. Well it took me not even 10 minutes and I totally agree with her that it's a CRAZY puzzle, mainly because of the crazy shapes and not so secure joins! Oh well we persevered for a couple hours and managed to put sections within together, but both had had enough! 🤪🤪🤪

See the tin by the cushion!  The poster on the right!


Crazy shaped pieces!

The poster. 

And this is where we stopped at!

I'll go back New Year's Eve with Peking Chinese for our supper, hockey and more puzzle time!!!

But I also got a lovely cookie tin instead of a box, but it was pricey, verdicts still out if worth it yet! Oh well, eventually I'll redo it at home and Modge Podge it for Christmas decor! The tin a storage for various decor.

Once home I was back at my attempt of the Trash Quilt blocks, basically Crumb Quilt blocks I think. Well I've brought one recycle bag three quarters full of scrappy pieces not sorted at all. This was a bag to go to Adeline but she's slowing down on scrappies, and too good for doggie beds!  

Well it started out sewing 2 pieces together, then two 2sies together becoming 4 pieces, then two 4sies together becoming 8 pieces, then two 8sies becoming 16 pieces, then two 16sies becoming 32 pieces and lastly two 32sies becoming the 64 piece block squared up as large as possible.  

Hmmmm I've sewn up 6 blocks and truly don't see a dent in the stash yet? But a growing scrap ends bag for doggie beds! I think this is going to be real fun time assembling a quilt top of various sized blocks with sashing between, but most have all or just about all the sewn 64 pieces inside the block.







Not sure if this table has seen the likes of my sewing projects! Tomorrow is my the last sewing day so wonder how far I get before cleaning up!


No comments: