Wednesday, March 10, 2021

Catchup - March 5th-9th

March 5th

Our ABC quilts are finished and we're dropping them off at the Foster's today. Yeah!


Awesome afternoon trip to Morden, Quilter's Den, Dollar Store and Thrift Store before heading to Winkler and Road 17N. AND we saw a small flock of geese fly over yesterday heading south! 🤣 Guess no open water where they had been? 

Then to Sylvia's for Chinese supper and splitting our bootie! Great weather and roads! And my $3 find for my special fabric postcards!


Ooooohhhhh and this had Sylvia and I glancing through this book a few times on the trip and once home, that we bought from Road 17N in Winkler! I'm going to play with wool applique and Sylvia is thinking of cotton applique for herself! It's beautiful, the patterns, colours and ideas!



March 7th

I can't wait to hear this one! Should be fun!!! Plus another challenge!!!

QUILTER ON FIRE

If you want a fun scrap challenge to support Quilts of Valor and/or want to hear my sister and I reveal how “crazy” we really are....check out the Podcast with Brandy Maslowski on TUESDAY March 9! LISTEN HERE to the Quilter on Fire Podcast https://www.quilteronfire.com/podcasts.



Definitely felt like a spring day but wish the sun was out longer! We walked city streets that were mostly dry. Then detoured to McDs for lunch before heading back.



Well after much deliberation trying to understand the instructions, which I'm pretty sure were right on, I went for 4" finished paper pieced log cabin blocks. Was very happy with them and now one of the virtual shop hop blocks is complete. Just waiting for the other kits then will see what transpires! 

Now back to more squaring up of my sisters mystery project HSTs and waiting for Clue #4 to arrive, no rush here though! 

Okay I called it quits for tonight! Only have 24 HSTs to square up but my body was complaining, so another day to finish off.




And here's Sylvia's finished also.   Lovely! 


How very true!



March 8th

Ohhhhh I'm playing today! I've now drafted out my PFA Swap log cabin mini blocks from my weeks ago idea that popped into my head! Today I'm working on the front pieces! 😉 What is it going to be❓❓❓ 

I'm not showing anymore until I know who is going to receive it, as some are my FB friends too! 😊 

OK I've finished sewing up the front after a few rippits etc and now have to wait for the 15th to find out who I'm sending to etc. I hate waiting! 🤣🤣🤣


I didn't know that!


March 9th

An interesting afternoon it was! Sylvia and I did a quick trip to Cedar House Quilting to pick up my ordered BlocLoc HST ruler and to shop. Then out to Beausejour to Needle Crafts & Studio for our shopping appointment, to show Sylvia the shop, pick up my kit and shop. And on our way home we stopped by Meagan's to pick up my 7' 24" awesome quilt rack! I just 💖💖💖 it so much! I've now lent my metal one to Sylvia to display her's! 

Now to relax tonight! Hopefully the Winnipeg Jets will win! 

Meagan's works can be seen on www.facebook.com/howlitecreations Also on Instagram



No comments: