Thursday, March 18, 2021

Catchup - March 12th-18th

 March 12th

Was getting ready for MPQ ZOOM meeting and ABC sewing day tomorrow and Sylvia said to bring my stuff over today. We also washed and divided up the fabrics we've purchased during the Virtual Shop Hop. So I did, set up all ready and even started on another ABC quilt, this one is free for all hearts using my walking foot, after drawing them on paper first for direction. Just need to finish it off tomorrow. Sylvia worked on her own design of a Spring door hanger, lovely!




March 13th

Yesterday and today was ABC again with Sylvia! Mine is purple, used the walking foot for scattered hearts within and followed the printed design and finished with free motioned design between corners - I'm working on the binding maybe tonight. Sylvia's was a bit delayed as she was finishing off her Spring door hanger! When I left the quilting design was marked and pin basted ready for quilting. Another day for both finishing up!

Left - Rose Anne's          Right - Sylvia's 

Sylvia's door hanger

March 14th

I think I may have to redo one of my International Sisters blocks as I'm not keen on the yellow one! So this is Clue #4's first round and then the last round completed. I'm thinking of making another grey one to replace the yellow one!

1st round of Clue #4

Last round of Clue #4

Possible substitution?

We finally can get together for whatever! Had a short walk around Grant Park area after meeting Edna in the mall, both had errands. Now a chardonnay and mini Yorkies.


Well another many years ago UFO completed and another baby quilt for MPQ ABC program! I love fitting in one of these sewing days in with Sylvia for charity quilts, makes me happy and hopefully some joy and comfort to a child! Maybe with Sylvia here now I'll work down my UFOs and enjoy some hangers for myself too?




March 15th

Okay my We Are Sisters up to Clue #4 has been adjusted for International Sisters blocks with more balance. This is an MPQ International Sisters Mystery project and now waiting for Clue # 5.


March 16th

OH OH OH, what a beautiful day!!! Edna said she could just keep walking but I could feel my ankle and knee starting to complain. At the halfway point we stopped at Tim's on Ness Ave, only two tables inside across the room from each other and none outside so we sat at the bus stop to have our coffees, before heading back! I too enjoyed the weather and definitely the walk without any aches and pains! And the first day in my walking runners! 



Then when I got home could not resist taking a couple pictures!

Facing West!


Facing East!

March 17th

Happy St. Patrick's Day to family and friends!

Started out taking Sylvia to Assiniboine Park to walk the gardens. 



Then home to write out some cards, stitch and watch the Jets hockey!

March 18th

Ohhhh yes my favourite and was Mom's too!

Today I drove over to Edna's and we walked towards the Assiniboine River train pedestrian bridge to check out the river and back! A bit cooler 10ish but still nice!



Omand's Creek flowing freely on this side,  frozen over on the other side of this foot bridge. 

Edna said a might young to be teaching them to drive!   I made sure faces were hidden. 


This afternoon I visited Angela and Bruce in their sunny back yard. AWESOME!!! They needed video clips for her Auntie's birthday, so Rose Anne to the rescue! Once done it was chatty time with a Pepsi! 

Then home for laundry and more scrappie block cutting up! I'll then have two samples for my Scrappie Challenge! Hope my package of scrappies fit into either of these ideas or I'm back to square ONE picking a design!

No comments: