Thursday, March 11, 2021

Catchup - March 10th-11th

March 10th

This was awesome to listen to! Thank you Brandy Maslowski. Plus a Sister's Scrap Challenge in support of Quilts of Valour! I can't wait, not sure if I'll finish but I'll give it an honest try!

Quilter on Fire


A quiet day with a walk in the route 90 area with Edna to KTR, Marshalls, Poco Beads, Michaels in and out and lastly coffee at Tim's and luckily there were two tables close by that we could sit inside and chat a bit!


March 11th

Ohhhhhh OMGG this was a breeze! Thank you so very much Kathy for showing us the Blocloc HST ruler and Helen of Cedar House Quilting for stocking it! It's a must have if you do any amount of HSTs in your quilting! https://youtu.be/gUqbjcV36IE



Image is prior to pivoting.



OMGG I received a Christmas gift from my dear friend Adeline J of Kenora today! She called to say the long ago promised gift was nearing completion and soon mailed off. See I was gifted some African fabric strips and pieces and once I'd sewn up my huge lace pillow carrying bag bases I gave the rest to her for whatever. Honest I barely made a dent in that bag and hoped she'd make me a pincushion as a keepsake from her, as she's for sure the Pincushion Queen! 💝📍📍 

WELLLLL, I not only received my cherished pincushion, but a Christmas ornament and a coaster now on my desk! NOW, if that was not a gold mine, I also received another mini hanger, all from these recycled strips. Adeline said hand sewing these stiffer/rougher fabrics was hard on her hands and now I'm truly feeling guilty with my gifts! 😍😘💞 

AND Sylvia had asked what I was going to hang on the top ladder rung? I'd said maybe a couple of my minis - ummmm nope not mine!!! Today I'd decided the 2 hangers Adeline has made for me have the honoured spot! 💖💖💖


Pincushion and ornament backs, green is my favourite colour! 

All filled up now! 

The green one is sewn from all the scraps I'd passed onto her the last decade or so, all hand sewn! 

No comments: