Wednesday, March 24, 2021

Catchup - March 19th-21st

March 19th

Happy International Quilt Day everyone! I spent most of the day sewing with the Aurora Quilters on ZOOM. Then dropped off an early retirement gift for Randy (also from Joan and Harold, he promised a picture once hung up) and enjoyed a small glass of wine on the deck with Pat. Then home for supper with a good glass of wine before going back into the sewing room.




March 21st

I'm auditioning scrappy block ideas for the Sisters Scrap Challenge hosted by Quilter on Fire this month (now closed). 

Well beginning of last week I stitched up 2.5" squares into a square then restitched and cut into two HSTs. Not keen on this idea. 


Then latter part of last week I cut out 49 - 2.5" squares and sewed into HSTs, squared with the trusty 6.5" BlocLoc HST ruler and yesterday sewed up into two squares. These I then stitched and cut into 4 HST blocks. Now these I totally love! 


Then today I tackled two 1" wide log cabin HSTs blocks. Not keen on these either. 


Then I played with layout ideas. HMMM!!! Not sure what I'll be doing with these blocks - table runner as is or add in sashings and borders for a lap quilt? Who knows, but it's using my stash so will maybe be a finished UFO?



AND I've finished off the second Pixie from Tatted Flurries by Sharon Briggs, this time no problems! I loosened my tension and the split chain and split rings a lot smoother. I'm happier! Now all snowflakes to starch then they too can be shipped off! Shuttles recently arrived from Shuttle by Design!


It's worth a try!


No comments: