Wednesday, November 04, 2020

Catchup - Oct 27th-Nov 4

 Oct 26th

True and to the point!


Oct 27th

Well we had a productive day and both of us cleaned off our BLTs lickety split! I'm gonna miss the deer that's for sure! Too bad they are so destructive to property or they'd be loved by all!



Ohhh these critters are sure entertaining!









Hey I did it! The TV stand was bought so I unhooked the cords, we moved the cedar chest over and I reconnected them, hopefully correctly! Ummmm nope, no TV, says cable not connected! OK rechecking and one cord is hidden loose, found it's fitted space and VOILA - we're connected!!!! YEAH!!!! Awesome at home fish, chips and pork n beans for supper, relaxing the evening stitching and TV watching! Talk about fluky - my first time tatting this turtle by MC...H - many rippits and finally finished with just enough thread to bury! I love it and it's going into my Australian trip scrap book - remembering the huge turtle swimming by as I climbed outta the ocean onto the catamaran near Cairns!

Oct 28th

I wonder how many got wrecked before perfection was achieved! Smart idea!


Thanks Barb for this heads up!


Oct 29th

Today is kinda a rest day after yesterday's sort, purge etc day! So I'm tackling Linda's kitchen towels - now I know why I've not made anymore of these! Too time consuming and fiddly!


Oct 30th

Today was a coasting day, dropped off Christmas decor at the Thrift Store and brief shopping and home to slow cooked ribs - yummy! I'm not stepping on the scale when I get home that's for sure! So I finished off Linda's kitchen dressy towels. One does not have matching lace as it was too short to fit. Personally I like these without lace. 😉 OK, guess it's back to masks and a scrub cap for a friend and myself plus more tatting during our down time!


Oct 31st

Happy Halloween everyone!



This was at the Flower Forest shop here in Dryden. Real cool!


Today was again a take it easy kind of day, dreary weather! So Sylvia napped and then sewed two newer styled masks and then I sewed this scrub cap for Edna's daughter. Not sure what we're doing tonight!


Nov 1st
I agree Barb, made me laugh too!


Nov 2nd

"Rose Anne here are some photos of my goofs from our Halloween/ United Way costume contest from work on Friday "What can we say.... It's a Dog-Eat-Dog Wold" 🤪 We won 3rd Place 🤩🥉"

OMGG this is so hilarious and their expressions so precious! This was a Halloween competition at Taunya's work and they won 3rd place! YEAH!!!! I'm still wondering if they cooperated willingly or how many treats it took!!!! 😉








Another load to the second hand store today. Last night we packed up some craft stuff she's keeping and some for ARC Industries soon, more today again. It's sure lovely out again with grackles feeding like crazy and supposed to be warmer tomorrow so it'll be the garage sorting before heading home Wednesday.


WOW!!!!!


Nov 3rd

OMGG it's 13°C and sunny and 99% of the snow is gone! WOW!!! This morning Sylvia went through her quilting binders and purged lots and this afternoon we sorted half the garage into various hand-me-down boxes and what she wants to keep, the rest in garbage or thrift store piles. The son-in-laws or grandsons will have to sort the rest or just garbage the lot. 
A very productive day, tomorrow back home!

Well tonight is my last night in their Ontario home and I'm bringing home some momentoes. First off I'd done a bit of sewing but lots more tatting - three angels and two turtles - last of the orders for this year. Most know Sylvia's very artsy in all mediums and me being a Snowman/Angel nutso I chose a floor standing Snowman cut out by Len and assembled, painted and accessorized by Sylvia (picture when I get home as it's packed up). Also I have a Len smoothed walking stick he found in Arizona from the paloverde tree for my treks! And Sylvia ordered a Chinese supper for us, finishing off with evening snack of pumpkin pie with frozen yoghurt! Now to finish packing and tomorrow loading the car with various boxes for the family before heading home! And soon she'll be permanently in Winnipeg, even with this Covid-19 craziness.


Nov 4th

YOWSERS! I sure hope all who have received the 2-layer masks from me will insert some type of filter for the THIRD layer of protection being called for by Dr Tam now. Those that received masks April-June will probably be three layers with the filter pocket too. Please stay safe and healthy. 🙏🙏🙏 

 "The update to PHAC's guidelines came after Canada's Chief Public Health Officer Dr. Theresa Tam recommended the use of three-layer non-medical masks Tuesday to prevent the spread of COVID-19 ahead of winter weather that could bring more people together indoors." 

 "This is an additional recommendation just to add another layer of protection. The science of masks has really accelerated during this particular pandemic. So we're just learning again as we go," she said Tuesday. 

 "I do think that because it's winter, because we're all going inside, we're learning more about droplets and aerosols."

It was an unbelievable November day in awesome autumn conditions to drive back to Winnipeg. BUTTTTTT I can honestly say I was very very reluctant to return to this crazy Covid-19 hotspot! When are people going to get with the program and smarten up for the sake of their own and others health safety!!!!

No comments: