Friday, March 13, 2020

March 9th-13th

March 10th

WOW, I wonder if my summer cruise will follow suit?  Health safety is a high concern!


I'm not worse but still sneezing and stuffed up after grocery shopping.  🤧  At least the horrible ear and throat pains are gone!  This is like two weeks with very little outside home activity!  🤨

Spectacular!!!!!  Something beautiful to share!


OK, no tatting today, doing some back basted hand applique!


😯😯😯  I know I'm still sick as I barely had any energy to clean the tub after the caretaker came and cleaned my overhead bathroom fan! Legs shaking so bad I had to rest before finishing off!  What a wimp!!!  🤣🤣🤣

Just back from Dr and basically ears and throat are clear but he sees I'm still stuffed etc.  Says it's not something antibiotics will help, just keep with Tylenol and Advil and care and flu bug will dissipate.  He did take a nose swab (hurt like hell) just in case and he should hear back in a couple days.  So picked up IMMUNE tea for help and cough candies and soups!


March 11th

I would like to check this out next visit out west!  WOW!!!!


Gonna have to try some of these!


1. All this time you’ve just been putting Bounce in the dryer! It will chase ants away when you lay a sheet near them.?? It also repels mice.
2. Spread sheets around foundation areas, or in trailers, or cars that are sitting and it keeps mice from entering your vehicle.
3. It takes the odor out of books and photo albums that don’t get opened too often....
4. It repels mosquitoes. Tie a sheet of Bounce through a belt loop when outdoors during mosquito season.
5. Eliminate static electricity from your television (or computer) screen.
6. Since Bounce is designed to help eliminate static cling, wipe your television screen with a sheet of Bounce to keep dust from resettling.
7. Dissolve soap scum from shower doors. Clean with a sheet of Bounce.
8. To freshen the air in your home – Place an individual sheet of Bounce in a drawer or hang in the closet.
9. Put Bounce sheet in vacuum cleaner.
10. Prevent thread from tangling. Run a threaded needle through a sheet of Bounce before beginning to sew.
11. Prevent musty suitcases. Place an individual sheet of Bounce inside empty luggage before storing.
12. To freshen the air in your car – Place a sheet of Bounce under the front seat.
13. Clean baked-on foods from a cooking pan. Put a sheet in a pan, fill with water, let sit overnight, and sponge clean. The anti-static agent apparently weakens the bond between the food and the pan.
14. Eliminate odors in wastebaskets. Place a sheet of Bounce at the bottom of the wastebasket.
15. Collect cat hair. Rubbing the area with a sheet of Bounce will magnetically attract all the loose hairs.
16. Eliminate static electricity from Venetian blinds. Wipe the blinds with a sheet of Bounce to prevent dust from resettling.
17. Wipe up sawdust from drilling or sand papering. A used sheet of Bounce will collect sawdust like a tack cloth.
18. Eliminate odors in dirty laundry. Place an individual sheet of Bounce at the bottom of a laundry bag or hamper.
19. Deodorize shoes or sneakers. Place a sheet of Bounce in your shoes, boots or sneakers overnight.
20. Golfers put a Bounce sheet in their back pocket to keep the bees away.
21. Put a Bounce sheet in your sleeping bag and tent before folding and storing them. It will keep them smelling fresh.
22. Put a sheet of Bounce in your pockets while outdoors to keep yellow-jackets away.
 ♪ღ♪ ✽¸.••.¸✽ Sharing Is Caring! ✽¸.••.¸✽
Make sure to follow me; I am always posting awesome stuff! https://www.facebook.com/ethel.kerckaert

March 12th

OK I don't know where I fit into but most says no to the worst!  Sheesh!!!!



March 13th

Phewie, I thought I was feeling better as I'm eating good and resting lots.  Well today I went in search of coordinating fabrics for my challenge wall hanging!  Half hour and I'm sweating and shaking and returned to my armchair exhausted!  WTH!!!!  Luckily I think I found some fabrics plus some browns I need for another project!  Now to figure out if I've got my fabrics of gotta go back later on and search for more!  I know I've more browns to pull out!  😥😠

Challenge fabrics

Bias design will be lime.

3 additional fabrics from stash.
Should I add a lime print too?

Something like this.

Guess I don't have to concern myself with registrations etc.  Better safe than sorry!

The Quilt Reflections Planning Committee with the support of the Manitoba Prairie Quilters Executive have made the difficult decision to cancel our Quilt Reflections 2020 Quilt Show and Competition scheduled for April 17th to 19th, 2020 due to growing concerns over the spread of the Covid19 virus. It is our responsibility as an organization to make the health concerns of our members, our associates, and our patrons our first priority. Cancelling this large gathering event is a step we can take in helping to contain the virus and has led to our decision. We regret any negative impact our decision will make on those who have purchased tickets for workshops, lectures, and our banquet. Refunds will be processed as soon as possible. If you purchased tickets for our Raffle Quilt Draw, be advised that the draw will take place as scheduled. This is completely unprecedented in our quilt show history and we ask for your patience as we work through this process.

Thank you Nancy, I'm thinking a daily dose of such from now on for me!!!!  Now just have to get Angela's recipe as I've the shaker, prep some ice and get the supplies!!!!


Here's how I finished off the stemwork on my MPQ Applique BOM blocks stitched so far. Using two strands of green floss and a giny chain stitch embroidered stems.  I'm still relaxing this evening and stitching on Block #5.





No comments: