Saturday, June 29, 2019

Busy Days!

Arrived at the street side pickup spot on time to catch the smaller Kasper bus to Dryden arrived for lunch.  Took the sewing machine downstairs where it's cooler.  Even made it for the year end potluck supper guild meeting last night too.  PFAFF sewing machine winner was Noreen Christie - ticket bought at South Beach OMA's Quilt Retreat.  Congratulations!!!

Today we spent an hour digging up encroaching grasses and another day we will do a proper landscape material ditch around to keep smaller animals out.  Not sure what else we'll be doing today, maybe catching up on my #52blocks52weeks as I'm now 3 weeks behind.  Right now I've my coffee and tablet to relax and read in the cool shade!



Yesterday I decided on the layout for my Canada blocks and Sylvia figured out the yardage required for the shadowing.  Next is for the sashing and borders.

OK it took 3 early mornings (I'm up 6:30ish and in by 8) to dig out those encroaching grasses and weeds.  This morning I was greeted by 3 deer and a small spotted fawn in the yard.  They weren't scared, actually came towards me thinking I was feeding them - NADA in this yard!  Next is digging the ditch, laying the landscape material and scattering the bark.  Then that's one job off the list. 


Today I'm sewing my precision sewing project (Crocus Conference class by Wanda Steiner) mitered borders on with lots of swearing plus help from Sylvia.  I've one more border to sew on and then it's ready for quilting - probably another nightmare!


Thank you Sylvia for taking this photo for me! This project top is now complete, next will be to quilt it!


Tomorrow is breakfast with friends and maybe back to yardwork!

No comments: