Monday, July 01, 2019

Happy Canada Day! 🍁

June 30th

Well no gardening so far, but breakfast out with friends.  Then home to return to order last week's painted guest bedroom and then we relaxed.  Sylvia prepped some mending, I pressed her Canada Day hanger and then stitched the faces for the last three hedgehogs before posting to the Lacemakers group.


Happy Canada Day from Sylvia, Len and I!  🍁 Tomorrow we're all off to pancake breakfast, maybe the dragon boat races and then the fireworks!  Enjoy your celebrations!  🍁  This is Sylvia's hanger, mine's still a pattern but I hope to make it vertical.


July 1st

It was lovely that Sylvia and I got a picnic lunch together and drove off to see the dragon boat races - but from the comfort of the car out of the sun.  We then drove to check out the vendors but 99% of them were for the kids.  But I did get closeup pictures of the boats before heading home to cool off.






What better supper than fried Walleye today! And while escaping the heat in their basement, I was sewing up my Canada blocks #22 and #23.  Just need to wash some new fabrics and I can finish off block #24 too!  Just waiting for the fireworks now!
#52blocks52weeks



A grand finale to Canada Day!  🍁  Finished block #24 and enjoyed the fireworks!  While waiting for the fireworks Sylvia and I were going through previous blocks and found two I need to redo.  Wonder what ALL the deer in this city thought of the noise!


No comments: