Sunday, July 14, 2019

This Week's Catchup

July 9th

Feeling sad and having my favourite at Boston Pizza, deluxe and chardonnay with my book and games!

Well it's official!!!  MPI has written off my baby!  😢  I've picked up all my possessions.  I've not heard yet from MPI, but Pembina Autobody called to let me know they'd received a NOT APPROVED fax for repairs. They offered their assistance if needed for a fair settlement, but I'm hoping I don't have to fight too much!  I was told yesterday to Google for similar vehicles just in case and that I've on file now if needed!  Maybe Urban Garage might help with this too as they'd serviced it the last two years.  Lucky I've an appointment at the bank already for next week, so hopefully decisions won't be too hard to make!

July 10th

Dang it, I totally forgot to get a picture of Nancy, Stefan and I at Carnival last night for a lovely Brazilian dinner!  It was very tasty but if I go again I'll make sure to get a salad as the hot sides cool off too fast.  The BBQd pineapple slices heavy with cinnamon were too die for and a palet cleansing too! 


And talk about a surprize, they treated me to supper plus a TappCar ride home in the rain!  Thank you very much Nancy, Stefan and Hamish for that treat!  I took a cab there costing $13 whereas TappCar was only $9.56 all fees and tip included.  WOW!!!!  Plus this ride home was in a spanking clean and like new Lexus compared to that cramped Prius.  I checked with the driver about going to the airport from my place and he said he'd just did a drop from Carlton St by me and it totalled $15.  Will definitely be booking that for sure as I quickly set up an account last night.

July 11th

A lovely walk to St Boniface Clinic to pick up my prescriptions and to the Forks for a healthy brunch from Tall Grass Prairie before heading home.










Well after lunch I heard from MPI and they've offered me slightly more than I paid 3.5 years ago plus in the higher end of those I looked up for sale.  I'm going to accept that offer and start looking for a slightly newer CRV.  Finally some good news from MPI - heard lots of not nice ones!

So after that I met Edna at Polo Park and we went for an hour walk together and ended at A&W for an ice cream float!  I feel a lot better even though not happy losing my baby!



Ohhhh gosh I think this is what I need in my parking spot!


July 12th

OK it's official, MPI offered a good deal so I signed it this morning!  Now I'll have to take my time checking out some newer Honda CRVs and hopefully find a good car at a descent price!  I can tell you that making appointments via Wpg transit stinks especially in yesterday's heat, today is a little cooler.  So enjoying just a gyro while waiting for my massage!


I gotta shake this down mood or I'll be very sorry soon! ☹

July 14th

Yesterday was a quiet day dogs n cat sitting in air conditioning! 

It's been sooooo hot in my south facing brick building that when I finally fall asleep and it gets cooler towards morning that I sleep in! Well not only sleep in but slept THROUGH a rain storm too with windows open!  Talk about water in the parking lot - HUH???  OK I finally caved and installed my vented AC unit.  This time it's anchored to the window casing and the actual window edging besides duct taped. So hopefully it won't detach itself this year! What a difference even in the first hour!  Good as I need to bake beet leaf buns tonight yet! UGH!!!!


No comments: