Friday, July 05, 2019

July 4th n 5th

July 4th

Well that was a lovely few hours sewing with quilters at Tammy's Studio!  I even completed sewing and pressing Sylvia's larger fussy cut squares for her newest 5-yard quilt!  While there one of the ladies had a tin with fabric and a pattern inside!  So afterwards I stopped into The Quilting Trunk and bought one for myself!  I happened to find a tin I liked with a pattern n fabric colours to my liking that was also on sale!  Makes up a 26" finished table topper.  Yahooie!!!


Then home in time to finish off cutting up rhubarb for Sylvia before tackling my kit! 🤗

Hey Sylvia made the CKDR news photos posted to FB for the Canada Day pancake breakfast. There was a shot but too broad to see our table and friends.


Happy 4th of July celebrations to my American friends!  We just watched Macy's fireworks display - WOW they sure blew the year's entertainment budget with those blasts!   WOW!!!


July 5th


OKAY this is the first time that I agree with ny sister Florence that I'm insane to cut up perfectly good fabric into small pieces, then resort and sew them back together.  Yep that's how I feel today BUT I'm hoping the end result is worth the chore!  She also said that when I golfed, crazy to hit and chase a tiny ball sometimes into the bush!  Ummm who is golfing NOW and enjoying it???


Oh and today we picked up more mulch and finished the willow's enclosure and I was up early again and started on cleaning up the garden enclosure of encroaching grasses and weeds, I'll finish that tomorrow. 



Now just to pound in fence posts and wire it around the backyard flowerbed and finish off the drain pipe ditch!  That's probably all we'll get done before heading to Winnipeg Sunday morning.

After supper it cooled down some so Sylvia and I dismantled the temporary chicken wire fence, weeded the small flower bed and I added more dirt, dug up from the drainage ditch yesterday - recycling.  Then I pounded in the 2x2 and 1x1 posts and we reattached the chicken wire quickly as mosquitoes were buzzing around us.  Enough for today!  A revel for a treat!  Soon back to squaring up my HSTs!

Phewie!!!  Hope that neighbour's yappy dog got sprayed by the skunk that was trying to stink up the house!  Boy I betcha you didn't see two crippled ladies race up the basement stairs so fast, as we raced around closing all the windows.  Len didn't know what was going on with us until he got a whiff then said what I did - first forest fire smoke then stinky skunk!!! Glad it's cooled off some at least!

No comments: