Wednesday, July 03, 2019

July 2nd & 3rd

July 2nd

OK, Sylvia pointed out there wasn't enough contrast so I changed the dividing lights on block #23.  Yes I like this much better.
#52blocks52weeks



And a few weeks ago I came across online the Wyoming Dragonfly Block Tutorial by Persimon Dreams and found this awesome dark blue batik at the Quilting Trunk and knew it would work.  The only thing I changed was the wing blocks I drafted up as paper pieced blocks - worked very well!


July 3rd

We're overheated BUT very happy that we've completed the drainage ditch, attached the lower fencing and laid the landscaping fabric in place.  The only thing is we ran out of the red mulch but that might be picked up later today and that major task will be CHECKED OFF her list!  DANG I wish I had a Steigl Grapefruit Radler right now!!!!  I'll stock up for the summer when back home!


OK guess I'm feeling guilty that I'm going sewing at Tammy's Studio tomorrow with some of the Dryden quilters!  See this morning's workout wasn't enough, NOOOO, I had to go out after supper again!  This time to dig a 5"×5" and 8 foot long ditch away from the house for the rain pipe to lie just below ground level.  That was tough but I did it and now am stretched out feet up relaxing.

No comments: