Saturday, May 11, 2019

Catchup - May 7th - 9th

May 7th

OK retreat #3 with Sylvia at OMA's South Beach Resort and the last till October unless something in summer comes up!   I even brought a bit of my Cuban rum for hot toddys before bed and all kinds of cold stuff!


May 8th

Day 2 and lots of accomplishments achieved.
1.  My mini friendship blocks are sewn and attached, now working on the block in a block. 2.  Sylvia is working on a new project so a sneak peak but she says she'll finish it off.
3. Dianne has squared off her two fabric bargello top and added the borders with my help.  YEAH!  It's AWESOME!!!
And yesterday was my lucky day at the slots too as I got $20 from Sylvia and $10 from South Beach for my birth month and cashed out ahead at $35.50
Then put in my own $20, played either max $4 or 40 lines x3 $1.20 on L'il Lady Bug and cashed out way ahead at $193.30!  WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!
4.   And here is Sylvia's 5-yard quilt top completed.






May 9th

Rough night!  I'd drop off then a coughing spell would start and wide awake after that.  Once even woke others so at 6:15 decided to just get up go down to the sewing room (2 others up) and let someone sleep.  So after a muffin and coffee I'm back to sewing!

Well that early rise today resulted in my getting all borders sewn on my Mini Medallion hanger but problems with the mitering of corners.  Thankfully Sylvia to the rescue and we managed to sew up two successfully - two left for me to master on my own.

And talk about a bountiful reward for my birthday gambling weekend - well as far as I'm concerned it was awesome!
The first ticket was Sylvia's $20 and South Beach's $10 birthday gifts that played for awhile and I cashed out at $35.50 to go back to sewing.
The second ticket was my $20 playing on L'il Lady Bug for a good stretch and on 8 free spins it totally went crazy and paid out $193.30 before I got scared and cashed out.
The third ticket was a another gift of $20 that kept see sawing till I decided to cash out at $45.24
Then I returned to play another $30 but lost it totally.
One last try on a different machine Willy Wonka I put in $5 and cashed out $15+ and saved the voucher for today's last hurrah - cashed out at $30.40
That's a total of $304.44 redeemed on my playing $105 - which $50 was gifted to me.
All going into my holiday account tomorrow!

It was a rough weekend being sick, but great sewing weekend with Sylvia and friends and finally an awesome gambling weekend!

1 comment:

Susan said...

And they say gambling doesn't pay! Your tiny friendship stars - oh my gosh!