Saturday, May 11, 2019

Catchip - April 29th - May 6th

April 29th

I'm crazy going out after getting home 5:30ish from Dryden, but that's Janice's son playing on the right!  The Pairings at the Toad in the Hole bar close to my place.




May 2nd

And tea on our way to Winkler to the Ole Farmhouse Cafe.  It's too bad my great niece Kailyn is not working here anymore.  We're sharing the cinnamon bun dessert.  Lovely atmosphere!  Now back on the road to Winkler for our Aurora quilting retreat and Barnswallows Quilt Show weekend.

Supper at Mr. Mikes in Winkler.  We haven't started into the good stuff yet and we got jokesters in the group! L to R: Tami, Dianne, Audrey, Adeline, Kathy, Patricia and myself!  After this we're back to our quilting retreat.


May 3rd

I'm pleased that this block allowed me to use my RCMP fabrics again!  Stitched up while at my Aurora quilting retreat.


We're having fun!  I'll take pictures of Tami and Patricia working on their projects soon.

And finally back to the Precision Piecing 2017 Crocus Conference class by Wanda Steiner. 

Adeline needle felting her people. 

Audrey working on her In Focus pattern. 

And cheeky here working hard to catch up on her slave driver's helping steps on her two fabric bargello. 

Kat is working on gifts.

Here's my freehand flames FM quilting pattern.   Just need th backing fabric.

May 4th

Thank you Linda for the awesome write up!



And here are the other two quilters at the Aurora retreat.

Patricia machine appliqueing. 

Tami making pillowcases. 

This year's Challenge quilts. 

And here is my Tectonic Shift Altered. 


Closeup of my first FMQ attempt that I'm pleased with! 

Another update on projects!  YEAH to Dianne for getting her 2 fabric bargello strips sewn together!  AND isn't that Adeline creative plus a thrifty shopper to get dolls, clothes and stands real cheap!  And all I accomplished is 10 - 2" unfinished friendship blocks.  Audrey was still working on her In Focus project plus beading today on her machine embroidered book cover.   Tami and Kat still going strong while Patricia didn't bring all her supplies so visited with us and guests!







And one last picture with Audrey!  Now we are packed up and ready for the return home!


May 5th

My last photo after picking up my Challenge piece from Barnswallows Quilt Show in Morden.  Drove the farmer's dog crazy doing this!  I fibbed, I stopped to get the sun whitewashing these towers.  Just missed when the whole line were all bright white.




May 6th

OK I've had a weekend of coughing and sore throat and have had enough! Tonight it's hot water, Cuban rum and honey and hopefully a better night's sleep and lottsa better for tomorrow's quilt retreat!

No comments: